Derm Organics Hair Masque: Moisturizing or Protein Conditioner

sj73

I'm still learning about identifying moisturizing conditioners and protein. One that has me a little confused is the Derm Organics Hair Masque. It's website boasts moisturizing properties and "reconstructor." It's ingredients (below) have me confused. Do any of you know if this conditioner is a best for either?

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behenamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Stearyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Rice Amino Acids, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Grape Seed (Vinis Vinifera) Extract, Sodium PCA, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycereth 2 Cocoate, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance

Thanks!

I would say this is more on the moisturizing side. The only real protein like ingredient is the Rice Amino Acids. HTH.

sj73,
From what I understand a product that is a 'reconstructor' has both properties of a DC and a protein treatment. They are a blend of the two:yep: and work well for those who don't need or cannot take strong protein only type treatments. When I started my HHJ I had tons of breakage and was a relaxed no-lye stretcher so, I needed strong proteins and separate strong moisturizers. I learned how to do hair strand analysis to determine when I needed protein or DC. I changed to lye based texlaxing which meant my hair's needs changed and I didn't need to use the hard protein as frequently. Now I'm approaching the end of my transition. I will be a natural head 100% this summer:yay:!! I still use hard protein every 8 weeks or so strictly for maintenance but, I use recostructors more often also to maintain and keep breakage to a minimum. My recontructors of choice are Nexxus emergencee and Joico's k-pak deep penetrating reconstructor.
HTH

Back