DenverGirl tried your recipe and it...........

fancypants007

WORKS!!!! It cut out soooo many steps when I'm using the indian powders to condition my hair. I used Tressemme Moisturising conditioner with vitamin E + 1 package of amla powder + 1 T of shikakai, 1 T brahmi and 4 T bhringraj powder. My mixture was sooo thick like a paste because I only used 32 oz. of conditioner. I had another 1/2 bottle of Tressemme conditioner with B5 and I added that to the mix because I figured I had toooo much powder for 32 oz. I also added some bhringraj conditioner to the mix. I then added 1 cup of virgin unrefined coconut oil and it made it into the pancake/cake consistency. I added my rosemary and peppermint eo and I had my concoction. I mixed and mixed with my wire whip and it blended very good.
After doing my oil rinse, I took some of the conditioner and added about 10 drops of SAA to it and applied to my hair. I put on a plastic cap and left it on for 1 hour. I rinsed the conditioner from my hair and my hair felt and looked very good. I sprayed some mane n tail detangler on my hair and proceeded to detangle it and I lost only 10 hairs and I normally lose hairs when rolled up makes a little ball. I was impressed with this alone! My hair was so moisturised and I was happy with my new concoction. I got 1 full 32oz container + 1/2 container of this conditioner so it should last be a long time. I wanted to make a conditioner that was more moisturising which is why I decided to use amla as my base, instead of shikakai. Also my scalp tingled because of the peppermint which is a good thing. I will alternate this conditioner with my Mega Tek conditioner which gives me strength every other week. Thank you DenverGirl, for such a wonderful recipe. I would have never thought of combining these powders into a conditioner, but it works.

:clapping:

I am SOOOOOO glad that it worked out for you!!! I only use a 32 oz bottle of conditioner, too. Any way to cut steps out of your regimen is worth it! I love using my powder this way. Like I said, it is a one-stop-shop!

I think I may use some Amla once my Shikakai is gone...

Thanks for the review :)

Back