Denman Brushes

aquajoyice

Does anyone know where I can find Denam brushes? I see that there are a lot of women that swear by them and I want to give it a try... I currently use an old school 100% boar bristle.

Also, how does the brush work for any of you ladies here on LHCF? Any complaints?

Sally sells the D3, but if you check ebay, you can find dang near every Denman made.

I use my D3, D4 and paddle brush to remove shed hair after detangling to prevent the hair from wrapping around the rest of my hair strands causing knots and tangles. I also use it for curl clumping. It feela great on the scalp too, good stimulation.

I have a D3 but I'm scared to use it on my transitioning hair, feel like it's pulling it out. IDK. Maybe I'll have to wait until I'm fully natural.

Just be careful with the Denman--it is not for everyone. I have one that I got at Sally's that I rarely use because it pulls and breaks my fine hair. If you have a coarser grade, then I think your hair will do better.

I bought one of the Goody versions I believe a couple years back. I had no clue what a denman was lol...all I knew was that this thing was the best thing since sliced bread on my daughters super thick, curly 3c/4a hair lol. She's got fine strands as well, but it works fine on her.

Question, are you guys brushing while wet??? something about this freaks me out and I just wanted to get an ask.

I tried the CVS one first, then got the Denman from Sally's and a Denman Paddle Brush.

It's my last step in detangling. It's the only thing that helps me smooth ALL my hair into a pony or bun, it distributes all the product evenly, and it gets out every last bit of shed hair.

I use it on damp hair, and sometimes dry straightened hair in very small sections. The trick for me is to use small sections to start, and then gradually larger sections. And to make sure I'm detangled before I use it. I fingercomb, use a shower comb, use a detangling comb/K-cutter and then use the Denman.

I love mine. I got the knockoff version by Anne's. My hair is on the coarser side so it doesnt pull my hair out.

I have the D3 from Sally's..it cost $6.50. I was scared to use it at first. I have 4a hair and I am a stretcher; I used it first on my 20+ wk post hair and it detangled great. I used a shower comb first and used it under running water w/ cheapie condish. I was so impressed of how little hair was lost using this brush that I actually put a pic in my fotki.

Sally sells the D3, but if you check ebay, you can find dang near every Denman made.

I use my D3, D4 and paddle brush to remove shed hair after detangling to prevent the hair from wrapping around the rest of my hair strands causing knots and tangles. I also use it for curl clumping. It feela great on the scalp too, good stimulation.
I noticed on Youtube that a lot of natural ladies love it.... is it the same for Texlaxed ladies as well?

Question, are you guys brushing while wet??? something about this freaks me out and I just wanted to get an ask.
I typically only brush my edges and not my entire head. Since I normally use a 100% boar bristle I wet the brush first then smooth down my edges.

I havea D3 I got from Sally's for like $6 on sale and a D 12 for $2 at Sally's too. I use my D3 after detangling for getting out shed hair like most ladies. I also like it for distributing product like DCs so I don't use too much. I use my D12 to comb thru small sections when I'm going to braid my hair or rollerset it since it has teeth close together for smoothing. I was scared to use either one at first because I thought it was pulling my hair out or breaking it off but once I started getting all that shed hair out my hair was more manageable. My hair is fine in the front and thicker in the back so I'm more gentle when I use it in the front.

what's good or better for using a Denman as opposed to a regular old paddle brush. I saw the Denman brushes and looks a little scary to used on my 4b hair.

I have the D3 brush as well. i use it in the shower when I deep condition. I have an excessive shedding issue (medical) and it is helping greatly with that.

My hair is probably 4b fine and not very dense

Back