Denman brushes

alireno

Do any of you own one of these? Just wondering because I was thinking about getting one. If any of you have one, please let me know what you think. Thanks!!!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i've been thinking about it too. every time i go to sally's, i see what kind of selection they have. i just stick to what i already have though since i really only use a brush to smooth down my hair for the bun. maybe i'm a reformed PJ... yeah right! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

adrienne

I like Denman brushes. They are good quality. I have a Denman round brush (with plastic teeth) which I like alot. And a couple of combs.

I would recommend this brand. It is one of my favs.

Just thought I'd revive this thread. I was thinking of purchasing a denman brush to help with detangling in the shower. I know a lot of natural use this method including my avatar hair idol (tracee ellis ross). Do any of you use a Denman brush? If so, what for? Are you relaxed, transitioning, or natural? Any and all feedback would be appreciated!

I use a denman brush to detangle, and I love it. I used it on my hair while transitioning, and I also use it on my 6 yr old daughter who is natural. Since we bought this brush, she won't let me come near her to detangle with a wide tooth comb...it's just that wonderful. I can even detangle her hair without it being wet. I just put a little moisturizer on it. There is nothing as wonderful as this brush!

Hi DelightfulFlame,
wave.gif

Welcome to the LHCF.

Well, I haven't bought mine yet. But I do have a Goody brands interpretation of the denman, that has worked very well on my hair. I only use it while I have conditioner in my hair. I am natural. I would like to get the denman someday, to be cool, but for now my 1.99 brush from walmart is doing very well. I use it in conjunction with my shower comb. I section my hair while it has the conditioner in it, and each small section I run the comb through, then use the brush. I brush from the bottom up, while holding the hair at the base (roots).

Tracy

I use a Goody knockoff of the Denman too, and so far so good. I plait my hair in about 10 sections and then I wash it in the shower. I brush through each section while it's soaked with conditioner (currently Pantene Hydrating Curls). I'm pleased by how it detangles my hair and gets all the shed hair out.

Oh, my hair is natural.

I have the Goody brush also. I actually found mine in a local grocery store. I had looked at a Denman earlier that same day at Sallys. The Goody brush looks exactly like the Denman except the base is a different color.

I purchased one of these after I read Tracey Ross's interview on BET. The one I kept was the D4 that has 9 rows which I purchased from Trade Secrets. I tried the D3,sold at Sally's, but the D4 brushed better to me. My preference, if forced to chose between a brush or a comb, I would choose my shower comb. I get a little (just a little) less hair coming out with the comb but I do like and use that brush from time to time. HTH!

I do and I think it makes me have splitt ends and that it loosens my follicles and causes me to shed. However this is not a proven fact it's just what I think. Otherwise it is an excellent tool for detangling and massaging your scalp.

I have a Denman paddle brush and I love it! I divide my 4a hair into small sections after I moisturize and brush each section a few times.

I have several Denman brushes :love: my favorite is the D83 large baddle brush, I also have the D81M boar/quill brush, the D200 vent brush and the D3.

I am natural and for me it works ok, I thought it was supposed to help with curl formation, but doesnt really make a difference. As far as detangling it works but nothing to write home about.

I forgot to mention, I already have two denmans. They are perfect for detangling in the shower. I only need one, but I couldn't resist.

The 7 row brushes are best for detangling so...D30, D4 I think. NOT the 9 ROW! That ish was too rough for me, best to use after I detangle.

DelightfulFlame said:
I use a denman brush to detangle, and I love it. I used it on my hair while transitioning, and I also use it on my 6 yr old daughter who is natural. Since we bought this brush, she won't let me come near her to detangle with a wide tooth comb...it's just that wonderful. I can even detangle her hair without it being wet. I just put a little moisturizer on it. There is nothing as wonderful as this brush!

Ditto to the "t" , except my daughter is 11. The long handle black brush with the thick black teeth. Denman D4

Last edited:
I love mine! I have the D3 and use it to detangle & condition in the shower (after my shower comb), and also to smooth when my hair is flat-ironed. My friend uses one to detangle her daughters hair and she loves it as well.

Im gonna get one of those bad boys....how much do they cost at Sallys?
Im tryin to see if its cheaper online, plus I avoid going to Sallys bc I walk in for one thing and walk out with half the store.

I want to try and get my hair into a bun. I have never brushed my hair since being natural. Should I get one of these brushes to smooth my hair back and should I try to put the bun in while soaking wet???

naturallady said:
I want to try and get my hair into a bun. I have never brushed my hair since being natural. Should I get one of these brushes to smooth my hair back and should I try to put the bun in while soaking wet???
yeah, i smoothed my hair wet with the denman brush then a boar bristle brush, to acheive smooth look.

Back