Demineralizing clothes

mahogany66

I only use Keracare products so I decided to get the demineralizing clothes, my stylist uses these on my hair ALL the time. :) Who else uses them??

The Keracare Demineralizing Cloths remove mineral deposits in your hair. If you live in a hard water area, then everytime you wash, there are calcium deposits in your hair that, over a period of time, can make your hair appear somewhat dull. They're a good thing to have if you can't find a shampoo that both clarifies and removes mineral deposits.

I bought some and they are okay, I guess.

I prefer my Kenra Clarifying Chelating shampoo, but I think that is just may be out of habit.

If i ran out of my Kenra Clarifying Chelating shampoo before being able to buy more, I will use the cloths, but they don't just work as well, IMO.

I've personally never tried the Keracare Cloths, but I've understood that that's what they're used for, demineralizing. The shampoos I like that do both clarifying and demineralizing are Elucence Volumizing Clarifying and Redken's Hair Cleansing Cream.

mahogany66 said:
I need to demineralize AFTER pooing and conditioning because of my hard water.:(

My water has done a number on my hair and skin. But, if I use my Kenra Clarifying before every moisturing shampoo, I am fine for conditioning and everything.

I do look at my moisturing shampoo labels to see if they contain Tetrasodium EDTA or Disodium EDTA.

I notice that I can even skip the chelating for maybe ONE shampoo and I am fine. After that, my hair gets dull, tangly, dry and brassy looking.

HoneyDew said:
My water has done a number on my hair and skin. But, if I use my Kenra Clarifying before every moisturing shampoo, I am fine for conditioning and everything.

I do look at my moisturing shampoo labels to see if they contain Tetrasodium EDTA or Disodium EDTA.

I notice that I can even skip the chelating for maybe ONE shampoo and I am fine. After that, my hair gets dull, tangly, dry and brassy looking.

I may have to get some KENRA!! So is Tetrasodium and Disodium BAD for the hair?

mahogany66 said:
I may have to get some KENRA!! So is Tetrasodium and Disodium BAD for the hair?

They are the chelating agents.

Here are some good definitions:

Tetrasodium EDTA
Same as sodium EDTA. It's a chelating agent (sequestrant – a remover/separator) that reacts with sodium, calcium and magnesium salts found in hard water and makes them water-soluble. Water softener. A bonding agent that links with minerals to prevent them from causing microbial growth.

EDTA. Abbreviation for ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid. It is a stabilizer used in cosmetics to prevent ingredients in a given formula from binding with trace elements (particularly minerals) that can exist in water and other ingredients to cause unwanted product changes such as texture, odor, and consistency problems. The technical term for this function is a chelating agent.

(note: I normally refer to these cosmetic ingredient lists: http://www.yourgames.it/e/bello/glossary/index.asp or http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/dictionary.asp?TYPE=MAIN)

I know that Sally's also makes a hard water shampoo, but I've never tried it. I can't stand Nashville's hard water, and it even tastes bad too. I can't even make a good bowl of Ramen Noodles with that water. I have to use bottled water. I even notice a difference in my skin when bathing in Nashville and Memphis. In Nashville, my skin is drier, and my nail cuticles get dry and cracked, where as here at home, my skin and cuticles are fine.

HoneyDew said:
They are the chelating agents.

Here are some good definitions:

Tetrasodium EDTA
Same as sodium EDTA. It's a chelating agent (sequestrant – a remover/separator) that reacts with sodium, calcium and magnesium salts found in hard water and makes them water-soluble. Water softener. A bonding agent that links with minerals to prevent them from causing microbial growth.

EDTA. Abbreviation for ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid. It is a stabilizer used in cosmetics to prevent ingredients in a given formula from binding with trace elements (particularly minerals) that can exist in water and other ingredients to cause unwanted product changes such as texture, odor, and consistency problems. The technical term for this function is a chelating agent.

(note: I normally refer to these cosmetic ingredient lists: http://www.yourgames.it/e/bello/glossary/index.asp or http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/dictionary.asp?TYPE=MAIN)

COOL, Thanks a bunch for the info!!!!!

I use these with every wash and I like them. They detangle really good and make my hair feel soft and silky.

Back