Define Keraphuse and Hydrafuse

janeemat

Would someone please define Mizani Keraphuse? Reading some of the old threads has confused me. Is it pure protein? Is it equal to Aphogee and Emergencee or is it more in line with Keraphix (a reconstructor). Hydrafuse, is it just a deep moisturizing cond? I do understand that they should be mixed together but reading the label, it seems that they can be used individually as well. Is Keraphuse and Hydrafuse mixed together a good protein treatment to use one week after relaxer. I generally do a aphoghee treatment 2 wks after my relaxer, but since these are sitting in my closet, I thought that I may give them a try.

Keraphuse is pure protein and hydrafuse is pure moisture. based on ur hair needs, u would mix it to whatever ratio is needed. Here is the wheel for u guys to figure out what ratio to mix it. I usually slap the mix on with a cap for 30 minutes under the dryer. The result equals smooth soft, shiny yet STRONG hair!:yep:

http://www.mizani-usa.com/?m=39&rid=300

Last edited:
So if ur ratio is 2:2 then that jus means half and half.

4:0--> all of one none of the other

3:1 --> like say three teaspoons of one 1 teaspoon of the other

Hope this makes sense.

Kurlee,

How exactly do you measure? Lets say my ratio is 2 of each.. Do I use 2 ounces of hydrafuse and 2 ounces of kerafuse??

That sound correct from what I've read. The BSS that I purchased it from has a kit you can purchase to mix it in. I think I'll run by there and pick one up so that I can get the exact mix. I'll post a review after I use it.

kerafuse is protein hence the prefix kera for keratin protein.
hydrafuse is moisture hence the prefix hydr for moisture water etc.

You have to use them together b/c you can't have protein w/o moisture. Mizani has a specially designed chart so that you can concoct (sp) a formula specially for your hair problems from dry hair, chemically damaged hair etc. So it shows you to mix them in diff ratios but this chart I don't believe is available to the public unless you find it online or get lucky.

Back