Define blowout please,

tryingto

When you ladies that have the dominican blowouts done, is that a matter of the stylist using a powerful blowdryer to get your roots straight followed by flatironing , am I right

I have never had a dominican blowout, but I hear it is using a powerful blowdryer and a boar bristle brush to get the hair very straight and very shiny.

tryingto said:
When you ladies that have the dominican blowouts done, is that a matter of the stylist using a powerful blowdryer to get your roots straight followed by flatironing , am I right

No flat ironing is involved, unless you ask for it. But the brush and dryer get you roots straight enough.

dosen't the direct heat cause damage, or is it lessened according to how often you have it done, the styles I have seen afterwards look great,

tryingto said:
dosen't the direct heat cause damage, or is it lessened according to how often you have it done, the styles I have seen afterwards look great,

excessive heat will eventually cause damage. But if you go once a month and ask the heat to be turned down you will be ok. I used to go faithfully every week and my hair started breaking off. Now I go every week and only get a blow out once a month, the other weeks, I get rollerset and let the curls fall where they may:)

Back