Deepest Jet Black Rinse (No Amonnia or peroxide)...

LocksOfLuV

Pretty please, no henna, I can't see myself making a mess.

Any suggestions? I used to use jazzings but that ish is kinda drying and it rinses out too quick, I may go back if I don't get any replies.:look:

Any suggestions, no ammonia or peroxide please.

Indigo get it from a henna website, if you mix it well it will be a paste, that should get your hair black but it's progressive, so the 1st time, your hair gets darker and each time you apply it, it keeps getting darker, but it's permanent, but natural no ammonia.
Or you could try Bigen black but I heard that can be very drying. hth

Last edited:
I like Bigen myself. Mixed reviews on the hair board but for some it was because they didnt follow the directions. I think its great though :)

I use Bigen. It can get messy too I suppose since u mix it ur self but it gets my hair SUPER black. I just did my sisters hair on Wednesday night with it n her hair is so black my mom told her she looks like a witch

I use Bigen also, and it is GREAT for me :) . It didn't dry my hair out AT ALL. My hair has been shiny and jet black since using it. This is the only store bought dye/rinse that I ever plan on using again.

i will try bigens..thanks for starting this thread.

just a warning:
i used (jazzing i believe) in a pink bottle and will all the daily moisturizing this bloody rinse stained all my sheets...EVERYTHING. :mad: i cant wait to get all of this mess out of my hair!!!!

maybe i got a bad one?

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but I have to add information I've found. This is the original source I found it from.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-33561.html

I used Bigen's Oriental Black at the recommendation of Cathy Howse's site and immediately fell in love with it. My hair was so soft, there was no breakage, and I had no dryness. Bigen was the ish!! Hubby wanted to know if it was henna-based (it's not - it's coal & tar based), and I started researching. I came across countless instances of how poisonous and toxic it can be, even after years of use.

You may want to know that Bigen is mostly pure PPD (para-phenylenediamine) and contains more PPD than what is allowed according to FDA recommendations (why it's still sold in the US is beyond my comprehension).

Allergic contact dermatitis from para-phenylenediamine in Bigen® powder hair dye.
Ho, S. G. Y.; White, I. R.; Rycroft, R. J. G.; McFadden, J. P.. Contact Dermatitis, Aug2004, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p93, 2p; DOI: 10.1111/j.0105-1873.2004.0396f.x; (AN 14418458)

Bigen Hair dye has a 12.5% PPD content, and may cause severe allergic reactions. 6% is the maximum allowed by FDA law. According to the article above, Dose–time relationships for elicitation of contact allergy to para - phenylenediamine., .01% is sufficient to cause an allergic reaction. quote taken from this page http://www.hennaforhair.com/ppd/ppdreaction/medarticles.html

For more info on PPD and potential problems with it have a look here http://www.hennapage.com/henna/ppd/ppdmed.html and here http://www.hennaforhair.com/ppd/index.html Both pages link forward to further, peer reviewed medical information about it.
I truly hope you take this into consideration before using it. From other product reviews I've read, people use it for 20 years with no reaction, others use it 3 times and the 4th time there's a rash and others use it once and develop a severe allergy. I won't be using it again *sniff*, it's not worth the risk for me.

Try bigen blue black n 88. what i do i add some evoo in it :D i have to use 2 bottles though so it can fill my whole head

Via Natural Semi-permanent. Can be used same day as relaxer.

No ammonia, no peroxide, no alcohol, and no heat required. Processes in 20 minutes and is very inexpensive and natural.:grin:

Regal blue by Dudley's. I love this stuff but it is so hard to come by. My stylist has been looking for the distributor for a whole year before she found some last week. When I ran out of Dudley's I started using Bigen blue/blk 88which I liked too but not as well as Dudley's.

brickhouse said:
Regal blue by Dudley's. I love this stuff but it is so hard to come by. My stylist has been looking for the distributor for a whole year before she found some last week. When I ran out of Dudley's I started using Bigen blue/blk 88which I liked too but not as well as Dudley's.

Thanks for this suggestion! I was on the hunt for a color to use after Bigen. Is it a permanent or semi-permanent color?

Lucia said:
Indigo get it from a henna website, if you mix it well it will be a paste, that should get your hair black but it's progressive, so the 1st time, your hair gets darker and each time you apply it, it keeps getting darker, but it's permanent, but natural no ammonia.
Or you could try Bigen black but I heard that can be very drying. hth

Lucia do you use indigo? Where do you order yours from?

TBeBe said:
Thanks for this suggestion! I was on the hunt for a color to use after Bigen. Is it a permanent or semi-permanent color?

The bottle says temp to semi-permanent. Temp is 5-15 mins and semi is 25-30 mins. I always get compliments on my hair when I use it. It took my stylist almost a yr to hunt it down. I always try to buy extra bottles when she can find it. It also conditions your hair.

brickhouse said:
Regal blue by Dudley's. I love this stuff but it is so hard to come by. My stylist has been looking for the distributor for a whole year before she found some last week. When I ran out of Dudley's I started using Bigen blue/blk 88 which I liked too but not as well as Dudley's.

Are you referring to Bigen Oriental Black? I've seen and used this, but have never heard of the one you mentioned above. Thanks

brickhouse said:
The bottle says temp to semi-permanent. Temp is 5-15 mins and semi is 25-30 mins. I always get compliments on my hair when I use it. It took my stylist almost a yr to hunt it down. I always try to buy extra bottles when she can find it. It also conditions your hair.

Sweet! I'll put hubby on the trail (he's a stylist and can get the hookup). It really perked my ears up when you said you liked it better than Bigen, and it conditions? Woohoo! It's hard to find a good color that doesn't dry. Thanks again!

LikeNoOther said:
Are you referring to Bigen Oriental Black? I've seen and used this, but have never heard of the one you mentioned above. Thanks

no LikeNoOther it s not the same one. i know i used both the blue black 88 is darker than the oriental black who s number 59. the blue black is the darkest in the bigen family then followed by the oriental black 59 and the black-brown 58

ekomba said:
no LikeNoOther it s not the same one. i know i used both the blue black 88 is darker than the oriental black who s number 59. the blue black is the darkest in the bigen family then followed by the oriental black 59 and the black-brown 58

Thank you for explaining, that really helps. I've been looking for a gentle permanent blue black for what seems like forever.

I love bigen oriental black. My hair is shiny. I too had to use two bottles to dye my hair. It had a permanent effect on my hair. Unfortunately, I grow tired of my shiny black hair and cannot rinse this crap out. Now I have light brown hair at the top and dark black hair at the bottom :lol:

anky said:
I love bigen oriental black. My hair is shiny. I too had to use two bottles to dye my hair. It had a permanent effect on my hair. Unfortunately, I grow tired of my shiny black hair and cannot rinse this crap out. Now I have light brown hair at the top and dark black hair at the bottom :lol:

lol have u ever tried any of the bigen browns Anky? i dont know if they make a difference if the hair is already black though haha but u know 2-tones can be nice too hehe:grin:

TBeBe said:
Sweet! I'll put hubby on the trail (he's a stylist and can get the hookup). It really perked my ears up when you said you liked it better than Bigen, and it conditions? Woohoo! It's hard to find a good color that doesn't dry. Thanks again!

That is wonderful. I know you want be disappointed. It really conditions your hair. I am hoping to stock up. I normally use it right along with my touchups.

Back