deep conditioning, which is best?

felicia

do you think it's best to deep condition with steam or just heat? or does it not matter? what are the benefits of using steam when deep conditioning compared to sitting under a dryer?
thanks

I don't think it matters. If you have a shower cap on your head and just sit under a dryer, the cap traps in the moisture so the hair shaft can swell. A steam conditioning with no cap will provide moisture otherwise lost for a good deep conditioning. As long as the conditioner doesn't dry out, it'll do its job.

I also agree that it really doesn't matter. :nono: Both are effective.

For me, I don't use any heat on my hair except when I'm coloring my hair with Jazzing (it requires that you go under a hooded dryer for 30 minutes).

As far as deep condtioning I just put on a plastic cap.

I used a heat cap, but I like the steamer better now, it just gives my curls more moisture.

felicia said:
do you think it's best to deep condition with steam or just heat? or does it not matter? what are the benefits of using steam when deep conditioning compared to sitting under a dryer?
thanks

I deep condition with a hooded dryer weekly and have experienced the same results as a salon steam if not better. As long as heat is used it should not make a difference to our hair whether it is dry or wet heat. I personally think that dry heat under a shower cap is more penetrative. The biggest difference has been financial because what I have saved on salon treatments I can now afford purchase a steamer!

HHG,
MeechUK

I use a plastic cap with the heat of my dome dryer. Works well for me. I will be purchasing a hair steamer in the future though.

Back