deep conditioning a TWA?

Dolapo

hi, i just washed my hair and i was contemplating whether i should deep condition my hair. i have something like a twa now but i still have some relaxed hair at the ends. of course, the relaxed part was misbehaving and getting tangly and breaking off. so those of you that sport twas....im pretty sure you wash everyday. do you deep condition, do protein treatments and all those extra extras?

I can't speak from the experience of having worn a TWA, but I believe everyone with hair, regardless of hair type, texture or length should deep condition regularly. Even though I co-wash often, I also deep condition a few times a month as well.

I've always wondered if it was necessary to deep condition a TWA which I have right now. After reading balisi's post, I guess I should start deep conditioning.

ive also never had a twa, but i agree with balisi....definitely keep your hair well conditioned and moisturized....

i deep condition once a week (when im not in braids)...i dont know that you would need to do it that often....but you do need to do it, IMO

I deep condition my twa daily with honey and grapeseed oil. :) I conditioner wash daily with a cheap conditioner and then that's it, I really like my twa. :D

About once a month or every two weeks I'll conditioner wash with LeKair (the green one with aloe).

just jojoba oil??? im not sure, ive never tried....i like my deep conditioners creamy. i do add jojoba oil to the mix though....

Yes I deep condition every week after washing my hair with shampoo (moisturizing & protein) and conditioner (moisturizing & protein) and do a co wash one day during the week. I also do a protein treatment once a month.

It's still hair, the only thing is that it's just shorter so you still need to keep it moisturized and strong.

thanks for your replies. i also plan to start washing daily....so im wondering if i have to use leave in conditioner. like every time i wash........

I say definitely do all the same conditioning, treatment, etc that you would do if your hair were longer. The hair you have now will still be the ends of your hair once it has grown out--if anything, you want to baby your hair EXTRA now, so your healthy ends will survive and stay thick as your hair grows out :yep:

BlackCardinal said:
I say definitely do all the same conditioning, treatment, etc that you would do if your hair were longer. The hair you have now will still be the ends of your hair once it has grown out--if anything, you want to baby your hair EXTRA now, so your healthy ends will survive and stay thick as your hair grows out :yep:
Exactly!!!

Back