Deep Conditioners

Naturelle Grow Rose Clay Moisturizing DC - very slippy
SheScentIt (All of them - protein and moisturizing) all slippy
Follicle Care Bambu Strengthening Deep Conditioner (protein with nice slip)

My hair loves slippy conditioners hence why I listed all of the above.

Could anybody recommend some good deep conditioners that have a small number of light silicones in them? Kinda like the TGIN DCs, which I loveeee

Could anybody recommend some good deep conditioners that have a small number of light silicones in them? Kinda like the TGIN DCs, which I loveeee

I don't know of a lot of them... sorry
A recent one, I finally decided to dive into is....
Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask.
It's a plant-based protein treatment.
Does contain silicone, but only the easily recognizable, the Dimethicone.

I'm on the search for silicone dcs, balancing dcs & protein treatments.
No matter what, I always wind-up going back to silicone in my hair products.

Oh right, what do you consider as light silicones?

Silicones in my hair products don't actually block all moisture, protein/strengthening properties of the ingredients.
Tbh, I don't care about the amount of them or the type.
As long as the slip is still present & great!

So I prefer them over the silicone-free versions.

Especially those still using man/lab-made silicone replacement ingredients aka Polyquaterniums & Quaterniums.

It's like navigating a minefield sometimes, not all bad, yet not all good.

I don't know of a lot of them... sorry
A recent one, I finally decided to dive into is....
Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask.
It's a plant-based protein treatment.
Does contain silicone, but only the easily recognizable, the Dimethicone.

I'm on the search for silicone dcs, balancing dcs & protein treatments.
No matter what, I always wind-up going back to silicone in my hair products.

Oh right, what do you consider as light silicones?

Silicones in my hair products don't actually block all moisture, protein/strengthening properties of the ingredients.
Tbh, I don't care about the amount of them or the type.
As long as the slip is still present & great!

So I prefer them over the silicone-free versions.

Especially those still using man/lab-made silicone replacement ingredients aka Polyquaterniums & Quaterniums.

It's like navigating a minefield sometimes, not all bad, yet not all good.
I guess when I say light I just mean I don’t want the product to be 50% silicones lol or have silicone as like the 2nd ingredient. But I guess I shouldn’t be picky. It seems surprisingly hard to find silicone containing products these days, at least in the realm of products targeted at natural hair. They almost always are silicone free.
I’ve been actively avoiding silicones in my hair care for the Past 5 or so years But I want to start using them again as I shampoo with every wash so there’s really no reason to avoid them I think.

I don’t know why the natural hair community has branded them as being terrible. Since joining this forum and taking a closer look at my hair care, I realize everything has a place and a purpose if you know how to use them correctly!

I guess when I say light I just mean I don’t want the product to be 50% silicones lol or have silicone as like the 2nd ingredient. But I guess I shouldn’t be picky. It seems surprisingly hard to find silicone containing products these days, at least in the realm of products targeted at natural hair. They almost always are silicone free.
I’ve been actively avoiding silicones in my hair care for the Past 5 or so years But I want to start using them again as I shampoo with every wash so there’s really no reason to avoid them I think.

I don’t know why the natural hair community has branded them as being terrible. Since joining this forum and taking a closer look at my hair care, I realize everything has a place and a purpose if you know how to use them correctly!

Ok, as long as you know your hair.
And you're still open to learning more about hair care/styling in general, especially finding out what works best for you.
Then what's the problem?

I remember my brief on & off forays into the CGM (Curly Girl Method) & Teri LaFlesh's Tightly Curly Method.
Incorporating each into my hair care/styling routines, with modified versions too, helped me along the way.
I learned from my mistakes, did more research & kim.

Honestly, it's a combination of silicones being a legitimate issue/problem for some people.

Moreso, it's just straight up:
Hopping on bandwagons.
Massive amounts of misinformation spread through fear tactics, and finger-pointing.
Numerous companies' marketing directly copying, & profitting off of it's rise in the Natural Hair Community, and so on.
Lack of general knowledge and common sense.

Having lived through/witnessed the rise of Anti-Silicones to this one size fits all rule... it's truly tragic.:confused:

Back