Deep Condition tip--Courtesy of ehow.com

ryanshope

As an hairstylist, I treat my clients to a conditioner cocktail. I use plain cholesterol inwhich I add either olive oil or Kemi Oil, a reconstructor and/or liquid protein (like that stinky ApHOGEE Treatment for Damaged Hair)! I make it into a "hair pudding" and apply to the hair after every shampoo. Put a plastic cap on and sit them under the dryer. I love my clients and will go out of my way to make sure they have long and strong, shiney hair...Miss [email protected]

and

Baking Soda Bree Y.
Once or twice a week I mix about one teaspoon of baking soda in with my shampoo to make a paste before deep conditioning. It has made my hair accept the conditioner better and made it shinier, softer and smoother.

sweetness0099 said:
As an hairstylist, I treat my clients to a conditioner cocktail. I use plain cholesterol inwhich I add either olive oil or Kemi Oil, a reconstructor and/or liquid protein (like that stinky ApHOGEE Treatment for Damaged Hair)! I make it into a "hair pudding" and apply to the hair after every shampoo. Put a plastic cap on and sit them under the dryer. I love my clients and will go out of my way to make sure they have long and strong, shiney hair...Miss [email protected]

and

Baking Soda Bree Y.
Once or twice a week I mix about one teaspoon of baking soda in with my shampoo to make a paste before deep conditioning. It has made my hair accept the conditioner better and made it shinier, softer and smoother.

I wish my hairdressers would go out of their way to make sure I had strong, long, shiny hair! LOL. Thanks for the tips!

sweetness0099 said:

and

Baking Soda Bree Y.

Thanks for the tip, I am looking for a Winter regime and this sounds great. Do you ever do ACV rinses, this has the same effect as the Baking Soda? If you don't any reason why?

MeechUK

Last edited:
the conditioner cocktail sounds interesting. It is also a way for me to use up my Jheri redding pure protein conditioner that I have.

sweetness0099 said:

and

Baking Soda Bree Y.

how long do you have your clients sit under the dryer w/the conditioner cocktail? thanks in advance

thanks for the tip, I put some cholestorol in my condish with some evoo and honey already, but I was thinking of adding Main and tail or something with protein to the deep condisioner, so that I can have moisture and strenght. Do u think that it is safe to deep condition with Main and Tail Conditioner?

Thanks

Does anyone do this? Mix up conditioners and add in a protein conditioner with honey and evoo? What protein conditioners do you use? Does it make your hair stonger/softer. I mix my own conditiner, and I have been getting great moisturizing results, it is cheap and effective, the only prob is that i dont think that my hair is getting stonger. I think it would be better if i incorporate some protein? Please leave a response.
Thanks

I mix a liquid protein(TIGI Bedhead ChocolateHead), with VO5 Peaches and Cream castor oil...I mixed this together and deep conditioned under the dryer for 15 minutes..my hair is SO SOFT..it feels like silk...

1Tablespoon liquid protein
2Tablespoon creamy conditioner
1 Tablespoon castor oil

concentrate on ends...make extra as necessary. Cover and deep condition..

sweetness0099 said:
I mix a liquid protein(TIGI Bedhead ChocolateHead), with VO5 Peaches and Cream castor oil...I mixed this together and deep conditioned under the dryer for 15 minutes..my hair is SO SOFT..it feels like silk...

1 Tablespoon castor oil

thanks sweetness!

Thanks sweetness, I have been looking for a soultion myself. Does any one else do this? Mix liquid protein in their conditioner? If so what kind of liquid protein do you use?

Bumping for more responces

sweetness0099 said:

1 Tablespoon castor oil

I tried this last night. I mixed Aphogee, Emergencee, Cholesterol, Olive Oil and Honey, and sat under the dryer without a cap for 30 minutes. When I rinsed the treatment out, my hair felt soft, strong, and I had tons of slip. I airdried in braids with BBD growth stretch creme and NTM serum. My hair feels awesome, I love it.

I need to try this, Aphogee for damaged hair right? that is what u used. or did u use the 2 min keratin reconsturctor?
Thanks

buttafly said:
I tried this last night. I mixed Aphogee, Emergencee, Cholesterol, Olive Oil and Honey, and sat under the dryer without a cap for 30 minutes. When I rinsed the treatment out, my hair felt soft, strong, and I had tons of slip. I airdried in braids with BBD growth stretch creme and NTM serum. My hair feels awesome, I love it.

maryj1584 said:
I need to try this, Aphogee for damaged hair right? that is what u used. or did u use the 2 min keratin reconsturctor?
Thanks

Yes, I used the Aphogee for damaged hair.

I have to wash and deep condition today (it's been about a month), so I'm going to try this: LeKair Cholesterol, EQP breakage control serum, black castor oil. We'll see how it goes!

i am going to try this this weekend with Maine and Tail. I have a really large bottle sitting at home , hope I can make a successfull hair pudding for strenght, moisture and slip :)

I've been wondering about combining deep con and protein for awhile now, so I think I'll start adding a tblsp of Aphogee or EQ Serum to my deep con.
1) How often can you do the combo - is once a week ok?
2) Does your hair "harden" after being under the dryer like it does after a pure protein treatment?
3) Can the combo be used as a steam treatment?

Back