Decrease Biotin Intake

lthomas1

Hair Power!
Don't get me wrong I have definately reap the benefits of taking biotin. My problem is so has the rest of my body. I have getting hair on the chin and other places in abundance. I am going to decrease my amount of biotin to 2000mcg from 5000mcg. I love the hair on my head, but not any place else. Anyone else having this problem too?

i had been searchin for biotin logenzes and found some on amazon.com (gag issues) anways i was wondering if i took this would my back and other areas become hairier...i found 5000 and 1000mcg of it...maybe i should go for the 1000mcg

Are you sure its the biotin that's giving you problems? You might just be having a hormonal imbalance. Just a thought.

Koffie said:
Are you sure its the biotin that's giving you problems? You might just be having a hormonal imbalance. Just a thought.
This just started happening when I began the biotin a few months ago.

I have noticed that I have more hair on my chin than usual, I think I'm getting a little beard. What brand of biotin are you taking?

Last edited:
I haven't noticed this, BUT I don't take the high dosage that you do. Maybe you SHOULD decrease your intake.

I noticed hair in abundance everywhere also. I have to shave my legs, underarms more often and wax my eye brows and my mustache. But for longer hair i'm willing to do it. lol I take 10mg daily.

I don't take Biotin solely, but I take Super B-Complex which contains 30mcg of Biotin. Ever since I started taking this vitamin, I have to shave my armpits and legs more and pluck my eyebrows more often! My nails and hair are reaping the benefits though...thicker, stronger, and longer! :shocked:
I also take a multivitamin that also has 30mcg of Biotin. I take one of each vitamin a day which amounts to a total of 60mcg of Biotin a day. :)

Last edited:
deedabug said:
i had been searchin for biotin logenzes and found some on amazon.com (gag issues) anways i was wondering if i took this would my back and other areas become hairier...i found 5000 and 1000mcg of it...maybe i should go for the 1000mcg
:lachen:... I have gag issues as well when it comes to swallowing pills but I found some Biotin pills at Walmart (1000mg) that are smaller than the size of an M&M. They are very easy to swallow and are inexpensive as well... $1.68+tax.

Back