Decided to buy a FHI flat iron but...

Fine 4s

I'm overwhelmed by the different models found online.

What's the difference between the Platform, the G2, The professional series, EPS etc.And what's Nano tourmaline ? Is that good, do I need that? lol I'm so lost. It seems as though different sites have different names for the SAME product.
Can you please help? I'd like to buy one today.

I'm looking for a 1 1/4 (but prefer a 1 1/4)
Ceramic
Adjustable heat (no automatic heat sensor or heat recovery sensor whatever)
I don't want any floating plates (what is that anyway)

Tks so much ladies, I'm frustrated!

Last edited:
The Sally's in my area sells them, so maybe you can go in & check out before buying online, I think I had (daughter stole) the platform one, it has red plates, adjustable temperature, used to love it before it found a new home....

The FHI Models are identifiable by the number of ceramic layers. The FHI technique only has one (at the lower end of the scale), whereas the FHI platform has three layers of ceramic baked on top of each other. I own the platform and it works amazingly well. I just flatironed my hair and I'll be posting progress pics at the end of the day.

I called the Frizzy to Silky company and asked MAD questions...

He helped me make the decision to buy the Platform. Unfortunately, he stated that the 'floating plates' are standard now. Based on a review I read, the floating plates can get caugth between the plate and snag the hair. He stated that while this is a problem for some, to minimize that experience, one should detangle well, not use the flat iron on wet/damp hair and use a protective hair spray. It's on sale for $97.

He was really nice and helpful = a good salesman :)

Another item on my wish list. Enjoy it when it comes! $97 is a good price I thought those flat irons were over $100.

Is that what we've become ppg0069?

I give you advice in exchange for pics? Maaaaaaaan, I thought advice was free here!

J/K Will do my friend...

Is that what we've become ppg0069?

I give you advice in exchange for pics? Maaaaaaaan, I thought advice was free here!

J/K Will do my friend...

Im just in love with your hair because its fine like mines....you give me hope!

but I cant give much advice lol I only have a sedu. I dont know much about floating plates and things of that nature

Back