December 2013...What Did YOU Buy This Month?(Hair Care Edition)

Re: December 2013...What Did YOU Buy This Week?(Hair Care Edition)

Fragrance oils for my oil mix.

- Banana Nut Bread Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Caramel Popcorn Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Carrot Cake Fragrance Oil 4 ounces
- Cotton Candy Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Creme Brulee Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Frosted Lime Cupcake Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Gingerbread Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Red Velvet Cake Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Amaretto Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Coconut Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Cranberry Cobbler Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Candy Cane Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Hot Cocoa Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Toasted Marshmallow Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Ginger (Origins Type) Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Sex on the Beach Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Snickerdoodle Cookies Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Cinnamon Buns Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Pink Sugar Type Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Vanilla Bean Fragrance Oil 1 ounce

Last edited:

16oz Pomade Shop Coffee Shampoo (staple shampoo) free shipping

Fragrance oils for my oil mix.

- Banana Nut Bread Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Caramel Popcorn Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Carrot Cake Fragrance Oil 4 ounces
- Cotton Candy Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Creme Brulee Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Frosted Lime Cupcake Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Gingerbread Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Red Velvet Cake Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Amaretto Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Coconut Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Cranberry Cobbler Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Candy Cane Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Hot Cocoa Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Toasted Marshmallow Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Ginger (Origins Type) Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Sex on the Beach Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Snickerdoodle Cookies Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Cinnamon Buns Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Pink Sugar Type Fragrance Oil 1 ounce
- Vanilla Bean Fragrance Oil 1 ounce

Ogoma

Sounds great! May I ask where you ordered these? I'm in Canada too so I'm wondering..

@Ogoma

Sounds great! May I ask where you ordered these? I'm in Canada too so I'm wondering..

I bought them here: http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/candlemaking-soap-supplies/category/0200/Fragrance-Oils.html

They ship to Canada, but they are not a Canadian-based company. I actually shipped this to where I ship packages to in the US as I will be down there next weekend to pick stuff up so I don't know what the Canadian shipping charges are like.

There are a number of Canadian-based companies that sell fragrance oils as well. Let me know if you want a list. But, Nature's Garden has the most comprehensive list of fragrance oils I have seen from any online site (Canada or US). I had to limit myself so I don't spend all my money. When I am done this set, I will note which ones I like best and go back and buy some more 1 ounce samples to try. :lick:

MileHighDiva

I would re-up, but I really want to stock on my Trader Joes Nourish Spa. Or buy a Gallon of Giovanni 50/50 balance :lick:. I go through rinsing conditioner like its water. I use AT LEAST 6-7 ounces a washday :yep:

I do want another Hair Dew though.

Inspired byEnExitStageLeft and Jen from Just Grow Already

- Slippery Elm Bark Powder
- Marshmallow Root Tea
- Fenugreek Powder
- Giovanni 50/50 Balanced Hydrating Condiitoner
- VOD Tea Therapy Conditioner

to make a detangling leave in conditioner

I also bought...

Hemp Oil
Giovanni 2Chic Avocado and Olive Oil Conditioner

@loulou82

Now I really want my 50/50 Balance :(. WHY MUST YOU WOMEN MAKE ME SPEND MY MONEY?!!!!!!*Shakes Fist* :lol: I kid, I kid!

I hope all goes well. The slip will be undeniable.

When you make it please review :yep:. I added Fenugeek to my last batch and mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....:thud:

MileHighDiva

I would re-up, but I really want to stock on my Trader Joes Nourish Spa. Or buy a Gallon of Giovanni 50/50 balance :lick:. I go through rinsing conditioner like its water. I use AT LEAST 6-7 ounces a washday :yep:

I do want another Hair Dew though.

What the hayle are doing with 6-7 oz off r/o per wash? :thud: The life of an high density head... Also, it's my understanding that TJ's TTT and Nourish Spa are the same thing as Giovanni. If I can find where I read that at, I'll provide you with the link.

EnExitStageLeft

:lol: Lemme stop enabling (but one mo' conditioner never hurt nobody)

I'm about to head to the kitchen to start my batch *puts on mixtress hat*

MileHighDiva

The use to be. Giovanni has since changed there ingredients. Its still awesome though.

And girl, I really heavy handed with everything. My fine strands need products. Can't have whispy flyway tangly's...:nono: :lol:

Big ups to MayaNatural for the Sally Beauty BOGO code. I picked up As I Am Coconut Cowash and Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea Leave-In yesterday. :drunk:

I initially went in looking for the Eden Bodyworks Cowash, but they were out. The associate convinced me to try the As I Am instead, and stated that it's so popular they had to increase their warehouse order to keep it on the shelves.

Aunt Jackie's Curl La La Custard. I bought it for $5 at Dollar General. Tried it for a twistout and it gave a firm hold without making my hair dry and too hard. I give it two thumbs up. It's way better than Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding which dried my hair out and made it snow!! Whoo. Glad it was just a sample.

Review Time! :grin: I used up my new goodies to make a detangler.

1. Giovanni 2 Chic Conditioner (new)
2. Giovanni 50:50 Balancing Conditioner (new)
3. VO5 Tea Therapy Conditioner (new)
4. Slippery Elm Powder, Fenugreek Powder(all new)
5. Marshmallow Root Tea (new), Burdock Root Tea, Horsetail Tea, Nettle Tea
6. Hemp oil (new), avocado oil, grapeseed oil, castor oil, Vitamin E
7. Rosemary EO

I smelled a bit like Indian take out because the EO didn't mask the fenugreek :lol: The detangler worked REALLY well though. It has a thick creamy consistency but just thin enough not to clog up my spray bottle. Anything that lets me reach my scalp and detangle without a comb is an A+ in my books. It had great slip and moisturizing properties. I used my fingers only and went section by section. The shed hair slipped out easily and I've just come out of a weave after 12 weeks so I had a lot of shed hair that had to be released. Detangling is the most frustrating part of my regimen so I'm very excited to have this in my arsenal. :yep:

ETA: Massage Warehouse has a coupon code for 15% off: MWAMTA
(Thinking about picking up a gallon of that 50:50 :look:)

Last edited:
I bought a hot Heads heat cap and NJoy Growth Oil. That's it!! The inner PJ has been contained!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using LHCF

2 Carols Daughter Macadamia foam
2 V05 conditioners

Will be taking out my braids in a few weeks and trying to up my product stash to prepare for roller setting! Yipee
I'm looking to restock before take down so I'll be purchasing soon:
It's a 10 leave in spray
Macadamia Deep Conditioning mask (Around this time of the year Target has the value packs where you buy one get one free)
Moroccan oil mask (the one with brown top):lick:

2 Carols Daughter Macadamia foam
2 V05 conditioners

Will be taking out my braids in a few weeks and trying to up my product stash to prepare for roller setting! Yipee
I'm looking to restock before take down so I'll be purchasing soon:
It's a 10 leave in spray
Macadamia Deep Conditioning mask (Around this time of the year Target has the value packs where you buy one get one free)
Moroccan oil mask (the one with brown top):lick:

Edited: purchased all items...sure enough Target had the BOGO free on all salon products...so I bought 2 of each
Headed to pick up the MoroccanOil Mask from the salon today. I'm all set for 2014. The only thing I may need to restock are my V05 conditioners through out the year.

2 x Aussie 3 minutes miracle Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I will be trying this next month. I want to clarify first. I am nervous because I have not used a product with dimethicone since going natural, but I want to try it and see.

Please review.

I will be trying this next month. I want to clarify first. I am nervous because I have not used a product with dimethicone since going natural, but I want to try it and see.

Please review.

Ogoma

This is a staple of mine. From my experience, it makes your hair really soft and moisturize in under 5 minutes. For those days I don’t have time to DC or sit under the steamer - I’ll cowash with one of my cowash conditioners (suave/trader joe’s / GVP conditioning balm), then saturate my hair with Aussie 3 mins, clip it up and proceed to my shower activities. When I’m done, I’ll finger detangle and rinse it out :love:. I think the heat from the shower also helps with the conditioning.

I’ve used it as a DC with heat as well and it was awesome, no need for mixing with anything else and it helps with detangling. Used it from the time I was relaxed and it works just as well now that I am natural. SN: I use products with cones.

My only issue is I wish it came in larger bottles so I won’t have to buy multiples. But it’s reasonably priced so it’s no big deal. I hope they don’t up and change the formula like Tresemme Naturals (still mad about that) :nono: .

HTH

Back