December 12 through 19 What Are Your Weekly Hair Plans?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Greetings Weekly Hair Warriors!:welcome:

Let's Kick this Weekly Hair Plans Off Right!:happydance:

Time to stay serious on this Hair Game as we end 2020.

You have a Full Week starting tomorrow to do your Hurr....So Let's ALL Be about it!:headspin:

So Pull out that 'Poo, that Conditioner, that Oil, them Scissors, that Blow-Fryer, yo' Steamer, that Heat Cap and Let's Get Busy!:poke"

Did Ya'll see @Maracujá Hair Pic in that one Weekly Hair Thread? She done showed us what time it is! :love:....:giggle:

I plan on cleaning my scalp with PJN Black Rice Water Scalp Defog

Then cleaning my hair with Negesbanda Curl staple buttercream Hair Cleanser
Rinsing my hair with Negesbanda Green Smoothie Rinse Treatment
Steaming in Negesbanda Hair Mayonnaise
Leave in SSI Cranberry Cocktail

Using my Revair to blow out for end of the year length check.

Since I've "abused" my hair a bit this week, I'm going for a moisture heavy routine:

Saturday - tentatively product testing for a project, so light Poo or water wash only. Basic conditioner followed by finishing product.

Sunday (my normal wash day routine):
Chicoro's moisture drenched pre-poo (Aloe vera, Vatika and JBCO). Haven't decided on whether to use my steamer with this.

Shampoo (Likely Phyto Phytoneutre)

DC: Chebe powder mixed into random conditioner (likely DPR-11+ just to get rid of it). Will use approach suggested by Maryam Hampton.

Finishing with:
All Things O'Natural Leave In
Vatika & JBCO
Yaya Creations Chebe creme

This week, I broke down some three week old braids.
I am going to start Weaning off Wen. So, I am loving already Design Essentials Almond Sulphate free moisturizing shampoo, Patterns Heavy Conditioner that I used as a deep conditioner under my hot heads cap for 30 minutes.
I colored my hair prior to using Bigen Chocolate.

I blow dried my hair after deep conditioning and braided it into 5 cornrows going straight back so I can wig it.

In between the parts, I used my 10 in 1 Hair growth oil and I keep my wig cap on for convenience. :)

-Prepoo: hot oil treatment
-Condition: HE HH Conditioner
-Shampoo 1st wash: GKHair moisturizing shampoo
-Shampoo 2nd wash: SM manuka honey and mafura oil shampoo
-DC moisture: Macadamia oil deep repair masque, 30 min under heat
-Leave in: It's a 10 leave in
-Cream: Olaplex #6
-Oil: Olaplex #7 + Argan oil

Today
Prepoo: Melanin Hair Care Leave-In and Oil, As I Am JBCO Water
Cleanser: As I Am JBCO Cowash
DC: Mielle Babassu Mint and Oil DC
Leave-in: Camille Rose Curl Love Moisture Milk
Cream: Melanin Hair Care Cream
Oil: Melanin Hair Care Oil

I will be blowdrying my hair, doing a length check, and doing a hair crown braid or twist.

Last edited:
Just now: I finger combed or actual (wide tooth) combed my twist-out (which was a success, at least by my standards).
They gave me plenty of stretch+length enough on the crown and sides.

So I turned them into pincurls (used about 20 pincurl clips) and now am satisfied and feel safe going to bed and having the assurance of (a hopefully pretty) style tomorrow too. Pin-curls never worked for me WITHOUT heat - never - till I figured out recently that I could wet-stretch overnight first, and THEN do them. I'm guessing this is what a lot of curly-haired women back in the day did who couldn't afford to go to a salon all the time? Who knows.
ETA: Sorry, I posted before I was done

Tomorrow will be: Taking out the clips, enjoying whatever style comes out. Tomorrow night: will try to do the same as tonight, to keep the style.
Monday: Considering using my wig, if going out, and taking them down later in the day?
Tuesday: I think monday or tuesday will wash + DC

Today
Prepoo: Melanin Hair Care Leave-In and Oil, As I Am JBCO Water
Cleanser: As I Am JBCO Cowash
DC: Mielle Babassu Mint and Oil DC
Leave-in: Camille Rose Curl Love Moisture Milk
Cream: Melanin Hair Care Cream
Oil: Melanin Hair Care Oil

I will be blowdrying my hair, doing a length check, and doing a hair crown braid or twist.
Had another great wash day! Had a way better experience using my revlon blow dry round brush the second time around. Using smaller sections, thoroughly detangling with my Felicia Leatherwood brush, and passing the blow dryer slowly through the hair definitely helps. Another product I forgot to mention was my heat protectant: Tresemme Protective Spray Heat Tamer. Really got the job down and my hair looked shinier afterward. I was too tired to do the twist crown so I just did a low pony with a flat twist in the front. The end of my pony are twisted up and in a bun.

Last night: Put on shea butter heavily. Avene lotion on the scalp itself.

Today:
Washed (nexxus City shield shampoo and then
Pantene Repair and Protect Shampoo and Conditioner) +
conditioned (Giovanni 50:50).

Hair in great condition from the leave ins used over the week so I did not DC.

I am happy today, so wash day was before I'd planned
(I had anticipated I'd be depressed today
Cannot bring myself to even shower or change clothes if I'm depressed or down. Today has been good so far, though! I was dreading something but it was fine. Thank God.):rosebud:
Avene tolerance lotion. shea butter. Then Camellia oil with Abyssinian oil and kalonji aka black seed oil after.

week’s plans changed as received parcel from Henna Sooq with Red Raj and Jamila hennas.
Dying to try them out for the first time ... though I don’t need to so soon after henna treatment I think last week.
Want to do a mild henna gloss and proper DC on tuesday, styling with twists on wednesday, pincurl it thurs ...
wig it out if things look bad,
and wash on friday.

Washed my hair today after yesterday’s horrific hair cut. Wanted to see the damage myself. I’ve got short pieces next to long pieces. It’s going to take me all of 2021 to correct it.

In the interim, I’m going to up my hair washing to 3 times a week.

Shampoo: innersense hydrating hair bath
Conditioner: briogeo farewell frizz conditioner
Style: kinky curly knot today and curling custard
Dry: 45 minutes

Since I've "abused" my hair a bit this week, I'm going for a moisture heavy routine:

Saturday - tentatively product testing for a project, so light Poo or water wash only. Basic conditioner followed by finishing product.

Sunday (my normal wash day routine):
Chicoro's moisture drenched pre-poo (Aloe vera, Vatika and JBCO). Haven't decided on whether to use my steamer with this.

Shampoo (Likely Phyto Phytoneutre)

DC: Chebe powder mixed into random conditioner (likely DPR-11+ just to get rid of it). Will use approach suggested by Maryam Hampton.

Finishing with:
All Things O'Natural Leave In
Vatika & JBCO
Yaya Creations Chebe creme

I wouldn't spend 2 days doing this can't you do it in one day?

If you have split ends just cut it to one length it will look thicker and will stop the split ends travelling up the shaft
Thank you! The sad thing is I didn’t have split ends. I just went for a quarterly trim because “that’s what we’re supposed to do.” My ends we’re perfectly fine and now my hair is all over the place because the stylist just did whatever he wanted.

Thank you! The sad thing is I didn’t have split ends. I just went for a quarterly trim because “that’s what we’re supposed to do.” My ends we’re perfectly fine and now my hair is all over the place because the stylist just did whatever he wanted.
That's a shame I've had that experience as well where the stylist did what they wanted and it what I asked for.

Commiserations. I wonder sometimes whether some do that intentionally ..shape it in a way where you end up paying for more than you asked for them to do or have to keep returning for shaping it. Or talk you into doing that instead of just what you asked for.

The reason I say that is I read lots of magazine articles scanned from hairdressers' magazines from the 1940s 1950s etc. A lot of them would say stuff like XYZ haircut is a good one for your salon business because it requires constant returns and also needs to be style professionally to look good on straight hair which majority of American customers had.

And demonstrated with pics. Often I thought the cuts were awful looking in their state without pincurl setting or perming etc that obviously the lady would have to pay regularly for..for upkeep.
I am sure yours is not awful looking like a couple of those ones were..but still not what you wanted.
Sigh.

I hope you find ways to make it work for you and enjoy it as you grow it out.

You all here are majorly creative and skilled.. so I believe that will happen still.

Commiserations. I wonder sometimes whether some do that intentionally ..shape it in a way where you end up paying for more than you asked for them to do or have to keep returning for shaping it. Or talk you into doing that instead of just what you asked for.

The reason I say that is I read lots of magazine articles scanned from hairdressers' magazines from the 1940s 1950s etc. A lot of them would say stuff like XYZ haircut is a good one for your salon business because it requires constant returns and also needs to be style professionally to look good on straight hair which majority of American customers had.

And demonstrated with pics. Often I thought the cuts were awful looking in their state without pincurl setting or perming etc that obviously the lady would have to pay regularly for..for upkeep.
I am sure yours is not awful looking like a couple of those ones were..but still not what you wanted.
Sigh.

I hope you find ways to make it work for you and enjoy it as you grow it out.

You all here are majorly creative and skilled.. so I believe that will happen still.
I’m wondering the same. I love the way some haircuts look right out of the salon, but especially when our hair is curly, if you even move your part over a millimeter, it doesn’t hang in the same sharp angle and it looks like you need another trim after 1 wash!

There’s probably a healthy medium between style and hair health, and I’m going to try and find it.

Washed my hair today after yesterday’s horrific hair cut. Wanted to see the damage myself. I’ve got short pieces next to long pieces.
Sorry about that. I am sure you have the knowledge and tools to come back stronger from this set back. Your hair will surpass the length you had with a fresher slate and healthier ends.

As a side note, that's the main reason why I always felt hesitant about curly cuts. Most curly and textured hair have so many different textures and shrinkages through out the head, I feel like it would be very difficult to make it even. It would take someone very experienced, and even then there is still risk because every hair is unique and has special characteristics. Straight hair is just predictable and simple to cut.

Earlier this afternoon...

Co-Wash/Detangling Agent: Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Fortifying Conditioner
Cleanse: Curly Hair Solutions Energizing Shampoo
D/C: Honey's Handmade Avocado + French Green Clay Minute Deep Conditioner
Leave-In: OGX Pracaxi Oil Combing Cream
Styling Product: Miss Jessie's Multicultural Curls (Styling Lotion)
Sealant/Finisher: Giovanni 2 Chic Ultra Luxurious Hair Serum Cherry Blossom + Rose Petals
Dry: Air-dry for a wash n go

Last edited:
Idk if I am right or wrong, but I never followed this rule and my hair grew just fine. Some people need quarterly trims, but I never felt the need to do so. I trim my ends if I see them getting dry or split or every 6 months. I feel like my hair would stay the same length forever if I went to a stylist every 3 months.

I really don't beleive your ends need trimming if they are not dry or split, and perfectly fine. Especially if you don't use heat regularly.

Back