Deceived by my Natural..

So I am 8 or 9 days weave free now and I am still pretty lost. I've been cowashing daily and I got some Aveda Be Curly Enhancing Lotion--I genuinely liked the results. The day after I parted with my sewn in friends, I made an appointment with one of the few stylist I could find in SA that does not curl/gel/spritz hair to death.

Anywho, yesterday I decided to go to a dominican shop for a blow out. I just wanted to see where my hair was so I could start thinking of styles. The length is fine but my hair is SOOOOO thin/fine. Before the blowout, I had what seemed to be a head full of thick hair but now that it is straight I don't think there is a style that would work.

What can I do to get thicker, fuller hair? My head is way to big for this toddler sized ponytail. :perplexed

A lot of ladies have seen increased thickness from castor oil..... also MegaTek/Ovation has been shown to thicken hair too. :yep:

When my natural thick hair was straight (relaxed), it was decieving also. Someone would never have thought that my hair is thick (see my avitar and fotki). But, when that new growth came out....ooo weee.

So are you trying to style your straight or natural hair? What is your legnth? There are a lot of styles. Start stalking fotki's, get hair magazines.

Hype hair digital editions: http://www.zinio.com/singles?issn=1056-4632&ns=usa - click on "try it"

So far as thickening....Creme of Nature for fine thin hair worked (if your a shampoo user). don't ask why i used it when my hair was already thick, but it sure did thicken it up even more!!

Last edited:
My hair isn't as thick straight as it is curly either...

It's a normal thing... not everyone has very thick hair.

Is your hair healthy?? If it's healthy and not breaking, you may just have naturally thin hair. It may not be as bad as you think it is...:pics:

Vitamin B5 is said to help thicken the hair up...

A lot of ladies have seen increased thickness from castor oil..... also MegaTek/Ovation has been shown to thicken hair too. :yep:

Thanks for the tips. Do you mean castor oil in my hair or actually taking castor oil? My mom used to give up a spoon full every week but I thought is was just a form of punishment. And I have never heard of MegaTek but I'm going to give it a shot. I see the rebuilder online. How do I use it? Leave it in, wash it out, weekly, monthly?

Thanks for the tips. Do you mean castor oil in my hair or actually taking castor oil? My mom used to give up a spoon full every week but I thought is was just a form of punishment. And I have never heard of MegaTek but I'm going to give it a shot. I see the rebuilder online. How do I use it? Leave it in, wash it out, weekly, monthly?

Ew!!! In the hair, IN the hair! *shudder*

Hah - MegaTek - girl, let me PM you. :lol:

Back