Dec 16 17 18 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

I just had the best wash day I've had in years!! And none of the products I used were anything elaborate. All drug store stuff. I think it was mainly technique and my (hopefully new staple) avocado oil.

-I did a prepoo with pure avocado oil
I left it on with a plastic cap for about 30 minutes.
-I shampooed with garnier fructis triple nutrition shampoo. I made a point to keep my hair separated into 3 sections. I think the avocado oil really did something because my hair felt so good!! Sulfate shampoos usually leave my hair feeling a little dry but I was able to detangle and my combed just slid through my hair. I also used a lot less shampoo this time. I've found I don't really need that much. Just a dime size per section.
-I toweled dried and applied the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Smooth deep conditioner and holy crap!:grinwink::lick: the hair gods were singing. I've used the moist version of the 3 Minute Miracle and it was good but didn't give me "wow" results everyone else raved about. I left it on for about an hour and half (mainly due to laziness) and when I rinsed out (still in sections) I couldn't believe it! The slip, the silkiness!!:drool::drool::drool:
-I sprayed a little Aussie Hair Insurance that I mixed with a little 100% argon oil and let it T-shirt dry for a little bit.
-Lastly I applied NTM leave in with a little bit of Garnier Whole Blends serum and blow dried on low heat.

My hair feels so good right now, and it smells amazing. I'm going to try this regimen next week to make sure it wasn't a fluke lol. I'll probably put some satin rollers in my hair tonight.

What I was supposed to do yesterday, I will do tomorrow.

Pre-treat scalp with ayurvedic oil and add coconut oil to hair
Wash with ORS clarifying shampoo, then CoN green label
Condition with ApHogee 2 minute
Cellophane/glaze hair
Anti-frizz serum
Curlformer set (first time) using setting lotion/foam or mousse

I should have started today.....maybe I'll oil my scalp tonite and get started first thing in the morning.

If I don't like the set, I'll re-do using flexirods before next weekend.

Okay tomorrow I will:
Prepoo with an oil and detangle with ST Knot Glide
Cleanse: SM AWM Shampoo
DC: APB Hibiscus and Pomegranate or KJ Naturals Strawberry DC with oil
Apply Siamese Twists Essential II Leave In, APB Refresher Spray, and gel, put in twists for the week

We had a lot going on this weekend so I wasn't able to do my hair. I've decided to see if I can stretch my cleansing routine to every 2 weeks. Even with using the Xcel liquid and the cream my scalp hasn't experienced any build-up surprisingly. I want to see how my hair responds to being left alone essentially for 2 weeks at a time. Last night I moisturized with SM JBCO leave-in I love this stuff in the winter :2inlove: so hydrating my hair really drinks it in! I sealed with CR curlaide moisture butter and put it in a sleek low bun. I will leave it alone for 2-3 days and repeat. I will do my cleansing routine probably Thursday or Friday.

Just finished retwisting my two strand twists. Untwist, M&S, finger detangled, then twist again. After 3 hrs, I was able to reduce the number of twists almost in half (60 --> 32). I will get my hair done on Wednesday.

Products used:
Xcel21 spray/cream
HTN Moisurizing Growth lotion
Hairveda Cocasta oil
Jakeala parfait (ends)

Last edited:
Back