Dealing with Trims...

I try my best to prepare myself for them. I know getting them is in the best interest of my hair. Why is it that right after I get a trim I speed home and spend hours combing thru my hair and trying to remember how much longer it would have been if I did not trim it??

I have been making great progress but you guessed it, today I had my semi annual professional inch trim. Its a self commitment I made to myself to ensure I never get too attached to my "ends". Where did that put me? Back to a healthy armpit. I was well on my way to bra strap.

Is there anyone else here who just cant "grow then cut"? I mean, even if my ends are not damaged, if they are not even at my check points (I hold my hair up in every possible angle under the sun and I must see some symmetry) If I cant find that cut angle or some symmetry, I need to dust. Then it gets to a point where I dont think the dusting is good enough. Every day hold the ends of my hair together in a low ponytail and and cringe at its unevenness. I like to see that bluntness at the ends of my pony tail or grouped hair.

On a positive note, I think I trimmed most of the last bit of my longest layer. and I love the fullness. So all is well that ends well. I hope to be poppin BSL at the end of the year.

Hey...any other ladies out there who have trimmed this month want to get on a trimming schedule together each six months? This way we can all support each other during the initial shock period. Next trim is scheduled for the first week in January.

Hey Serenity!:wave: When it comes to trims, Im the same as you. I wish I could grow and then cut, but I have a passionate obsession with blunt looking ends. I love blunt ends, but as soon as I cut it, I go and try to remember how much longer it would have been if I didnt cut it.:ohwell: I really need to get over that obsession.

I think your idea of trimming every 6 months is great. I definitely wanna join you on that. I should be good because I got a haircut 4 wks ago so I should be fine for the rest of the year IMO. Your hair is so pretty and healthy-looking, so dont worry cuz I know you'll still be poppin that brastrap in 2007!:D

Back