Dead sea mud = disaster?

tada1

HELPPPP!!!! newbie needing dead sea mud advice :(

So i just bought the Yes To Carrots dead sea mud hair conditioner from walgreens but its not as thick as i like my conditioners to be :(

I tried it as a daily moisturizer though and it is INCREDIBLE!
Sorry PJs but here are the ingredients listed on the bottle:
Spring Water and (Dead) Sea Water , Silt (Dead Sea Mud) , Magnesium Chloride , Matricaria Recutita (Chamomile) Extract , Cetrimonium Chloride , Jojoba Oil , Olive Oil , Calendula officinalis Oil , Almond Oil , Carrot Seed Oil , Carrot Juice , Organic Extracts of: Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Melon, Orange & Honey , Fragrance , Dimethicone , Wheat Germ Oil , Imidazolidinyl Urea

Question: Do you think leaving these kinds of ingredients in my hair will be harmful in anyway? I am scared to bits of build up and i dont really know if its okay to leave that stuff in my hair :wallbash:

Last edited:
OKAY! Y'all hair-steins...i see you readin...start posting before i lose all my hair....SOMEBODY has got to know the answer pwetty pwease? :angel:

I don't see anything harmful, but listen to your hair. If it's lovin' it I say go for it. I rarely use products as directed. :look:

wow
sounds interesting especially if it works
but the dead sea has a tON of salt in it- and salt pulls moisture out. that's why its good to rinse your hair after swimming in the ocean. because the sea water is stripping. and mud- well, i put mud masks on to dry up the oil on my face. so i guess i just dont understand how this would be good for your hair
but i'm no "hairstein" either :lachen:

thanks guys...but yikes!
Those are really good points!!! I should listen to my hair, and its def true that salt and mud usually absorb moisture :eek:....

but keep em opinions comin guys

Re: HELPPPP!!!! newbie needing dead sea mud advice :(

So i just bought the Yes To Carrots dead sea mud hair conditioner from walgreens but its not as thick as i like my conditioners to be :(

I tried it as a daily moisturizer though and it is INCREDIBLE!
Sorry PJs but here are the ingredients listed on the bottle:
Spring Water and (Dead) Sea Water , Silt (Dead Sea Mud) , Magnesium Chloride , Matricaria Recutita (Chamomile) Extract , Cetrimonium Chloride , Jojoba Oil , Olive Oil , Calendula officinalis Oil , Almond Oil , Carrot Seed Oil , Carrot Juice , Organic Extracts of: Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Melon, Orange & Honey , Fragrance , Dimethicone , Wheat Germ Oil , Imidazolidinyl Urea

Question: Do you think leaving these kinds of ingredients in my hair will be harmful in anyway? I am scared to bits of build up and i dont really know if its okay to leave that stuff in my hair :wallbash:

this product may be drying

I have some dead sea mud that is black and I use it on my face as a mask from time to time although it says it can be put on the hair and body. On my face it gets really tight. Don't know if I would want to put it on my hair. If it says that its good for the hair doesn't always make it so. I would watch very closely how your hair responds to this product.

Re: HELPPPP!!!! newbie needing dead sea mud advice :(

Wouldn't the oils help with that. Also, i thought dead sea mud was supposed to be a powerful detoxifier.

I have stopped using this conditioner because it just didn't do it for my hair :(
I think it might be a good shampoo substitute for those who do only conditioner washes though.
I noticed that it cleaned my hair strands when used as directed instead of conditioning them...:laugh:

this product may be drying
precisely...it felt like a mild shampoo more than anything else

Last edited:
Back