dead curls/naturals help (4a/3c/jaja/whateva I am)

Your hair looks healthy and thick, I :love: it
Which products are you using, how about a lighter gel like aloe vera?

Lucia said:
Your hair looks healthy and thick, I :love: it
Which products are you using, how about a lighter gel like aloe vera?

I buy a new thing of gel every week.......

:look:

This week is La Bella lot of curls....

I've keep trying a new brand every week, but it always fails.

Pure aloe gel or from the Korean store ?

divine said:
I buy a new thing of gel every week.......

:look:

This week is La Bella lot of curls....

I've keep trying a new brand every week, but it always fails.

Pure aloe gel or from the Korean store ?
do you want definition, more curl? are you using a little leave in cond too, that helps usually. There's 1 @ Sallys with aloe vera but it is gel and it dries slightly hard. I think you might try regular real aloe vera gel from the health food store, I mist my hair with the aloe juice to keep it moist. hth

Lucia said:
do you want definition, more curl? are you using a little leave in cond too, that helps usually. There's 1 @ Sallys with aloe vera but it is gel and it dries slightly hard. I think you might try regular real aloe vera gel from the health food store, I mist my hair with the aloe juice to keep it moist. hth

I want more definition, and I've tried the one from Sally's. It didn't do anything, but I will try regular aloe vera gel.
thanks

The best combination to define my curls leaving in a bit of my conditioner then using either aloe vera or kiss my face gel mixed with a little oil and honey. I scrunch it in while my hair is dripping wet. then wrap a towel to catch drippies.....curls are super defined. I used to just use the gel but the oil & honey really makes them pop. HTH..

divine said:
I like to wear my hair half down, but I have a problem with adding products. I want a simple light poduct that doesn't make it look like this....
As soon as I add some type of product my curls just drop.

http://public.fotki.com/divinemami/dead_curls/hair.html

Frizzer and dead looking....
(anybody ask...... My hair is dyed that color)

Maybe your texture is more wavy than curly. If not, perhaps the curls will pop back out after fully drying when shrinkage kicks in. Perhaps you could spiral/roll small sections of your hair around your finger when wet to encourage the curls to re-form. This works for my hair. I have also tried mousse on my hair and liked it because it is so light and does not weigh my hair down. If all that fails, try applying products after your hair has almost fully dried and the curls are most defined; then just apply a little product to the ends. Lastly, you could try a Denman or Denman knock off brush to make your curls show up. Even after I have combed my curls out, the Denman brings them back. Good luck and tell us what you tried and how it goes.

Your hair is very beautiful. Mine is nowhere near as long as yours. I add liquid aloe vera to my conditioner that i use for co washes and i use a glycerin/water mix as my daily moisturizer/leave-in. This may help- it may not but it may be worth a shot.

What does your hair look like flat ironed, and what do you use to iron it with?
Ceramic- or metal, after months of flat ironing the hair maybe streched the curl out.

Thanks everybody....
nurseN98: thanks, i'm really thinking about Aloe vera
Porsche19: I've tried Scurl, but I might try another brand.
Browine: you might be right about my texture. I have a denman brush, and its great for detangling my hair.
carameldiva: I might add water/glycerin. I keep hearing about that, but where do u get it from ?
hairmaster: hmmmmmmmmm......... can't that alter ur natural curl ?
honeisos: thanks for the site

divine said:
Thanks everybody....
nurseN98: thanks, i'm really thinking about Aloe vera
Porsche19: I've tried Scurl, but I might try another brand.
Browine: you might be right about my texture. I have a denman brush, and its great for detangling my hair.
carameldiva: I might add water/glycerin. I keep hearing about that, but where do u get it from ?
hairmaster: hmmmmmmmmm......... can't that alter ur natural curl ?
honeisos: thanks for the site

I think that's what he was saying...that the use of irons may have stretched your curl (if you use them).

angellazette said:
I think that's what he was saying...that the use of irons may have stretched your curl (if you use them).
I don't mean temp alter my hair, but leave it that way for good.
I have one little side of my head that is almost straight from flat iron my hair....

nurseN98 said:
The best combination to define my curls leaving in a bit of my conditioner then using either aloe vera or kiss my face gel mixed with a little oil and honey. I scrunch it in while my hair is dripping wet. then wrap a towel to catch drippies.....curls are super defined. I used to just use the gel but the oil & honey really makes them pop. HTH..

Great suggestion. I will try it out.

Have you tried Avocado butter? My sister uses this on my neice and her curls are very defined with lots of shine. Are you adding products while it's still wet or when it's dry?

Last edited:
Back