DC'ing with extensions?????

stephluvshair

Hey ladies, I have gotten braids and i will keep reinstalling them until June and relaxing at the end of july. I have braids and it has been seven days and I would really like to wash my scalp. I was wondering should I deep condition also? My braids are really long and I also used synthetic hair? I really dont want to waste conditioner on these braids because I will have to use alot. Basically, is dc'ing neccessary and how exactly do I do it with extensions? Thanx

Same thing with me, Ma. I'm going to wash my micro braids with human hair, TOMORROW. I can't wait. I will wash and use regurlar conditioner. I'm just concerned that no braids will fall out since the back of my hair is so short. I lost one yesterday, but I want to spray with braids spray to stimulate my scalp. I can't wait. Love that tingling feeling... Let me know how it goes. By the way, I had my braids in for two weeks.

Last edited:
I'm installing as I type... Mine is going to be very long also. We are on the same schedule as fas time and redoing.... I'll redo them and take the out in August... In time for my reunion... I wash and dc ever 2 weeks... I use garlic shampoo on my scalp and use Lekair condish on my braids under the hood for 30 mins...rinse and spray with a leave in and seal with braid spray... HTH
btw...I only use the condish on the top of braids to where MY hair ends...

Basically, is dc'ing neccessary and how exactly do I do it with extensions? Thanx

I have braids on that I did myself and mine are very long-- MBL. IMO dc'ing in braids is a good idea (for me, it is necessary). Synthetic braids already tend to be too drying on your hair-- you would need to counter act the drying effects by DC'ing and moisturizing your braids with a braid spray.

For me, I wash, then apply my dc through a spray bottle. I make sure I coat my hair length completely (i do not waste conditioner on the part of the braid where I know my natural hair is not). Oh, and I make sure to dilute my dc to avoide build up around the braids. I then bun the braids and throw a plastic bag on top.

After I rinse, I am sure to spray Infusium 23 on my braids to give my hair some strength

HTH!!!

Well, on Monday, 9 Mar 09, I washed my hair/braids and my scalp felt so good. I spray a little braid spray exclusively from the braiders shop which is a first. It left my scalp tingling and smelling so fresh. This morning I applied Vatika Oil to my scalp and more braid spray. Luckly the weather was really warm in VA Yesterday, I was able to air dry my braids. That's the only downside with hair extensions, it takes so long to dry and the extended hair doesn't smell the best to ME. I have a very keen sense of smell. :)

I have braids on that I did myself and mine are very long-- MBL. IMO dc'ing in braids is a good idea (for me, it is necessary). Synthetic braids already tend to be too drying on your hair-- you would need to counter act the drying effects by DC'ing and moisturizing your braids with a braid spray.

For me, I wash, then apply my dc through a spray bottle. I make sure I coat my hair length completely (i do not waste conditioner on the part of the braid where I know my natural hair is not). Oh, and I make sure to dilute my dc to avoid build up around the braids. I then bun the braids and throw a plastic bag on top.

After I rinse, I am sure to spray Infusium 23 on my braids to give my hair some strength

HTH!!!

thanks for sharing this! I am getting braids soon(either this month or next month) and this will come in handy.

i actually have box braids MBL for a month now and i dc every saturday with no problem...this is my regi
1. Run hair under warm water
2. Wash with Garlic Shampoo and rinse
3. Wash with Aphogee Shampoo and rinse
4. Apply ACV (leave on for 5 min) and rinse
5. DC with (NTM, Emergencia, QP Intense Conditioner, EVOO, Pantene Relaxed and Natural Deep Conditioning Mask mix) for 30-45 mins
6. Rinse with cold water then run hair under iced cold water for 15 seconds
7. Spray moisturizer mix (Glycerin/Rosewater/Tea Tree Oil/Jojoba Oil Mix) and Aphogee Leave-In Conditioner
8. Air dry

I took these pics after my first wash...i redid the braids that got a little loose
DSC00975-vi.jpg
DSC00973-vi.jpg
DSC00977-vi.jpg

love the box braids! do you mind me asking what brand of hair you used? There is a braids shop by my house that has gotten raves from two ladies that I know and I would love to get the style that you have. by chance, do you have any additional pics of it?

i actually have box braids MBL for a month now and i dc every saturday with no problem...this is my regi
1. Run hair under warm water
2. Wash with Garlic Shampoo and rinse
3. Wash with Aphogee Shampoo and rinse
4. Apply ACV (leave on for 5 min) and rinse
5. DC with (NTM, Emergencia, QP Intense Conditioner, EVOO, Pantene Relaxed and Natural Deep Conditioning Mask mix) for 30-45 mins
6. Rinse with cold water then run hair under iced cold water for 15 seconds
7. Spray moisturizer mix (Glycerin/Rosewater/Tea Tree Oil/Jojoba Oil Mix) and Aphogee Leave-In Conditioner
8. Air dry

I took these pics after my first wash...i redid the braids that got a little loose
DSC00975-vi.jpg
DSC00973-vi.jpg
DSC00977-vi.jpg
I love your braids. I am going to get those the next time that I go to the hairdresser's.

I would be VERY careful. I was in braids for 7 weeks and in that time due to my ayurvedic regimen I managed to grow 1" in a short amount of time BUT in the end I lost major thickness/volume. I had a baseball sized ball ...no joke. My issue I believe was DCing while in the braids. I have been braiding for YEARS but I usually just shampoo; this time I decided to try diluted conditioner and I payed for it. Live and Learn. Be careful what creamy products you use while in braids :)

Back