DC with EVCO on wet hair

Growingmyhairlong

Hello Everyone,

I am currently deep conditioning my hair with a moisturizing deep conditioner on Dry hair. I will then cowash it out and detangle. I was thinking about then applying EVCO on my wet hair and leave it in overnight and rinsing it out in the morning so my hair can bath in the goodness that the Coconut oil has to offer. I was not sure if it was wise to do it on wet hair because my hair is already soaked with water. What do you ladies think? Will I get good results from this or not?

Thanks in advance

I love DC with EVOCO but I usually do it on dry hair overnight + 30mins of heat then I either wash or CW in the morning

Okay cool. See last wash I DC with it on dry hair. This time I decided to do a moisturizing conditioner since my roots felt really dry after taking out some cornrows I wore for a week. Then I cowashed now I decided to finish off my wash day with a DC EVCO treatment. I love how many benefits it has. I hope that since my hair is already wet that the nutrients can still soak in. I placed a plastic cap and wrapped my scarf around it and my bonnet. We will see what happens tomorrow. If I like it I will do this more often.

There have been studies that show coconut oil is best absorbed into strands when hair is wet and sits on hair when its dry.

For me that is very true. Using coconut oil on my dry hair resulted in my hair feeling like straw, but when I oil rinse after deep conditioning or add it to my deep conditioner my hair is much softer and moisturizing.

i was going to post about this, too! man, someone's always in my mind on this site. lol

i was going to ask because i always see everyone doing coconut oil treatments on dry hair and i was wondering how it worked on wet hair. i might try it because the dry hair treatment for me is meh.

Its so good to know that EVCO is best used on wet hair. I am in the process of redoing my regimen after a minor set back so I think this will be a staple. You ladies are right this board is amazing.

Back