DC then shampoo?

nisha2004

Hey for those ladies that do their Deep Conditioning as a prepoo then shampoo it out and follow w/ a instant conditioner. I've always wondered if this defeats the purpose? I mean isn't the shampoo stripping the moisturizing affects of the deep conditioner. Help me understand...thanx.

I am interested in the answer to this as well. I dc as a pre-poo, but mostly because I'm too lazy and/or short on time to poo, then dc, and rinse.

Ooh, I wonder what my hair would be like if I pre-pooed with oil, shampoo'd, dc'd, conditioned and then applied a leave-in? Mmmm . . . .

Hey for those ladies that do their Deep Conditioning as a prepoo then shampoo it out and follow w/ a instant conditioner. I've always wondered if this defeats the purpose? I mean isn't the shampoo stripping the moisturizing affects of the deep conditioner. Help me understand...thanx.
I thought the same thing, but when I tried it my hair felt the best. It's one of those counterintuitive things in life, I guess.:spinning:

Also, to Glib Girl, maybe you want to try mixing the oil in with the pre-poo/DC. That worked great for me.:lick:

This is the only way to do it IMO. The DC pentrates better--especially when you apply it dry hair.

I thought the same thing, but when I tried it my hair felt the best. It's one of those counterintuitive things in life, I guess.:spinning:

Also, to Glib Girl, maybe you want to try mixing the oil in with the pre-poo/DC. That worked great for me.:lick:

Ooh, how long did you let the dc stay on your head? I usually leave it in overnight and just wash out in the am . . . .

I love to DC on dry hair! In fact, it's the only way I DC anymore and I really feel like applying the DC to dry hair helps it penetrate better than it would on already wet hair. Regarding the shampoo, I use just a dab of shampoo and apply it only to my scalp and roots, avoiding the length of my hair as much as possible. This way, I'm not really shampooing my hair, just cleansing my scalp and roots...and my hair stills stays perfectly moisturized:yep:

Also, you might want to try addind some oil to your DC of you plan to apply on dry hair. The oil helps to lock the moisture in better! My favorite is Vatika :lick: HTH!

Ooh, how long did you let the dc stay on your head? I usually leave it in overnight and just wash out in the am . . . .
It was on for probably an hour and a half, 45 minutes of that with heat. It was my first time and will be my routine now.

Wow, I never thought about doing it this way...it seems like a lot of people say that hair can absorb moisture (dc)better when the hair is wet or damp. I prepoo with instant cond & then deep cond after washing. I might have to try it the other way next time I wash

Wow, I never thought about doing it this way...it seems like a lot of people say that hair can absorb moisture (dc)better when the hair is wet or damp. I prepoo with instant cond & then deep cond after washing. I might have to try it the other way next time I wash
...and one of the best things about this is that you have to get in the shower only once!:yep:

I love to DC on dry hair! In fact, it's the only way I DC anymore and I really feel like applying the DC to dry hair helps it penetrate better than it would on already wet hair.

Why is that, though . . . from a biological/scientific standpoint? I don't get it . . .

yeah, i started doing this after reading sareca's thread and my hair loves it. i do this with protein (either aphogee 2 min reconstructor or UBH) so i think the protein actually penetrates my hair, it's not just coated so the shampoo doesn't strip it...(i also concentrate the poo on my scalp/roots) anyway, my hair has far less (sometimes zero) breakage when i shampoo and condition afterwards and feels so much stronger as I rollerset.

yeah, i started doing this after reading sareca's thread and my hair loves it. i do this with protein (either aphogee 2 min reconstructor or UBH) so i think the protein actually penetrates my hair, it's not just coated so the shampoo doesn't strip it...(i also concentrate the poo on my scalp/roots) anyway, my hair has far less (sometimes zero) breakage when i shampoo and condition afterwards and feels so much stronger as I rollerset.

Wow -- how often do you do this? Also how strong are these protein reconstructors? (I seem to recall reading somewhere that you don't want to add protein too often . . . . )

Why is that, though . . . from a biological/scientific standpoint? I don't get it . . .

I love DCing on dry hair. I believe that the hair shaft absorbs the conditioner better because it isnt already saturated with water. When I DC on dry hair, I do it because I (1) am washing out with CON and I dont have to go through the extra step of using an instant conditioner, (2) am trying to get the perfect protein/moisture combo. I pre-treat with keraphix, wash, and then deep condition with humecto.

I know a lot of the ladies here pre-poo (which I do as well) but I always thought they still did a DC after that. I am too lazy (and time restricted) to do all of that. :yawn: I just poo and DC after. But it still annoys me to have to get right back in the shower after just drying!

And I too wondered about the apply to "soaking wet hair" thing. Like you are diluting the product so how could that possibly make sense. I always try to let as much of the water get soaked up before I apply conditioner:look:

I am definately going to try this method since so many of you seem to have had success with it. I was just scurred that I would be stripping away the moisture from the EXPENSIVE conditioner I just applied and wasting money that way.

Most times when I do a protein, I apply it as a prepoo. Any time I wash, I use some sort of prepoo, either oils or oils mixed with condish. Love the results. Applying a prepoo, whatever it may be, to dry hair and going under the dryer is heavenly!! You all should really try it! :grin:

My favorite oils to use are amla, jasmine, evoo, castor oil, and this red palm mixture I have. :lick:

Wow -- how often do you do this? Also how strong are these protein reconstructors? (I seem to recall reading somewhere that you don't want to add protein too often . . . . )

both of these are light proteins, i actually do this twice a week but i'm gonna cut it down to once a week. after i shampoo i add a moisturising conditioner for like 5-10 minutes, either AO honeysuckle rose or keracare humecto.

Back