DC on dry hair

Spongie Bloom

hey ladies how many of you dc on dry hair then shampoo (then light condition) afterwards is it better for you than conventional washing?

Hey there!

I do this and I have no problems with it. Afterwards, I just apply my leave in, moisturize, seal with oil and let it air dry in a ponytail or bun. So far so good, but I'm a newbie and that seems easiest for me. I apply my conditioner Friday nights and wash out Saturday morning. I don't have dryer to let it sit for a few mins so leaving it in all night is how i DC.

Be blessed!

I do! This is the best. Well I use my cheapie condish on dry hair (Treseme), the wash lightly, then deep condish, and then rinse with another light considh and my strands are thicker, fuller, and more supple. And very moisturized! :grin: So I guess our methods aren't exactly the same, but same idea, right!

That would be considered a pre-poo. Lot's of ladies here on the board pre-poo. Personally, I don't see the point. It doesn't really make a difference for me if I pre-poo before or DC after. I get the same results.

That would be considered a pre-poo. Lot's of ladies here on the board pre-poo. Personally, I don't see the point. It doesn't really make a difference for me if I pre-poo before or DC after. I get the same results.

LOL I was confused about that for a while. Pre-poo vs DC. Whatever it's referred to...it works for me and being new; this is one thing I know appears to be working for me.

I condition/cowash on dry hair - it seems to leave my hair MORE moisturized afterwards.... I don't use shampoo at all, and I haven't seen any problems..

i thought pree pooing was using oil or cheap con on dry hair then shampoo then dc?

i did the dc on dry hair once with the same results but wondered if my hair got clean since i shampoo very lightly ...pple usually do this so that they dont have to keep hopping in n outta the shower on wash day

Last edited:
I'm not sure if its better, but it is definitely 'just as good' on my hair and 10xs more time efficient - i dont have to worry about jumping in and out of the shower if i deep condition (on dry hair) before the shower. I can do housework or type on the computer FULLY DRESSED - lol - without being wet and dripping all over the place.
i also like the way it feels to put conditioner on dry hair (i use the thick kind like aveda or aubreys). i use oil sometimes to, but the conditioner is more 'fun' :grin:

I like to do this because I have fine hair. When I DC after shampooing, my hair sometimes gets weighed down and I feel like I have to wash more often. DC on dry has been working wonders for me.

Back