DC on dry hair is the BOMB!!

sunbubbles

Thats really all I wanted to say. :lachen:I dont know why I havent been paying attention whenever anyone mentioned DC'ing on dry hair, but I did it for the first time today, and my hair feels like BUTTER!! I kept rinsing it for like 15 min, because it was so soft that I thought there was still product left in it! lol Im gonna try and stop myself from doing it again tonight!! I dont want my hair to get mushy but, GOOD LORD I love the feeling of soft, moisturized hair!!:grin:

Do you shampoo after? The reason I ask is because on "wash day" if you DC first how are you getting your scalp clean? I've always done this before but now that I am using oils & BT in my scalp I feel like I really have to wash first. *advise*? ;-)

Its the TRUTH! I tried it for the first time recently and it a world of a difference. I was highly skeptical because I was confused on the whole when to shampoo thing. I just shampooed the scalp after, and rinsed with a conditioner

Do you shampoo after? The reason I ask is because on "wash day" if you DC first how are you getting your scalp clean? I've always done this before but now that I am using oils & BT in my scalp I feel like I really have to wash first. *advise*? ;-)

I shampoo after and then do a quick conditioner. I use heat or no heat depending how lazy I am.

Thats an Idea to shampoo after! I gotta try that,but what I did was wash the night b4 (I dont really use shampoo too much) and then the next day after it had dried, I did the DC on my dry, clean hair.

Are you ladies doing this with or without heat and does it matter?
I just put on my Plastic cap, and let my body heat do the work for me! I leave it on for a minimum of 4 hrs!

I shampoo after and then do a quick conditioner. I use heat or no heat depending how lazy I am.

Im gonna try that next time! Thanks for the Idea!

I've never tried it but it makes sense! The way I see it, your hair is like a sponge, and when you wet it it soaks up as much water as it can and then soaks up whatever you put up on top of the water...so imho, it's like since your hair is already soaked with water, it probably wont soak up as much conditioner...that's why they say to ring your hair out with a towel before conditioning <insert lightbulb>

I've never tried it but it makes sense! The way I see it, your hair is like a sponge, and when you wet it it soaks up as much water as it can and then soaks up whatever you put up on top of the water...so imho, it's like since your hair is already soaked with water, it probably wont soak up as much conditioner...that's why they say to ring your hair out with a towel before conditioning <insert lightbulb>

:yep: Makes sense. I think I'll try to dc on dry hair and see how it works out for me.

The directions on my lavender hair butter say to DC on dry hair. I'm using the juice so I'm anxious about doing a dryer dc with a flammable head, but I'm dying to try it. I just don't want to catch fire.

I am going to try this tonight with AOHSR and Castor Oil or Olive Oil or maybe both. I just want to use up some conditioners that I've had for a while before restocking with newer/fresher ones. I hope it does my hair well in the long run too.

I did it this morning b/c my hair has been extra dry! I've been being a bad girl and sometimes sleeping without my scarf or bonnet! I know, I know...bad girl! Anywho, I did it this morning and I did a quick protein and then cowashed and it worked great!

I really want to do this but I already use EVOO and honey as a pre-poo....would it be crazy to dc on dry hair then add evoo and honey AND THEN wash?

I was just about to ask if anyone DCs and then leave in instead of washing out. I have been doing yogurt pre-poos that I love and I'm too lazy to do that and my normal DC with heat. Great thread...

Ok- so OP what DC product are you using when you leave it in ?

Thats really all I wanted to say. :lachen:I dont know why I havent been paying attention whenever anyone mentioned DC'ing on dry hair, but I did it for the first time today, and my hair feels like BUTTER!! I kept rinsing it for like 15 min, because it was so soft that I thought there was still product left in it! lol Im gonna try and stop myself from doing it again tonight!! I dont want my hair to get mushy but, GOOD LORD I love the feeling of soft, moisturized hair!!:grin:

Well help a sista out then!
I was gonna co-wash with some VO5 condish I bought the other day and just add a little protein to it. Should I just let my mixture sit on my hair for 20-30 min then? Please explain what you did. I just 2 days ago and I don't want to shampoo again.....

Oh yeah, it is. I have been doing it for years. Out of all of the techniques I have tried, DCing on dry hair was super instrumental. It helped me retain length and moisture. It helps save time too, helps avoid jumping in and out of the shower. And it makes detangling a bit easier. I especially love to DC on dry hair with protein, and then follow it with a moisture condish. When postpartum shedding was wreaking havoc on my hair, DCing is what kept the hair on my head.

Last edited:
I really want to do this but I already use EVOO and honey as a pre-poo....would it be crazy to dc on dry hair then add evoo and honey AND THEN wash?

Mix them all together. Plus, these types of prepoos are great because they act like a protective coating, and the harsh shampoo detergents are less harmful and abravise to the strands.

This is the only way I DC unless I'm using honey or any other humectant b/c your hair has to be damp so that it will draw in the moisture.

If you want to have a more clean feeling after DCing w/out using shampoo, slap a lil baking soda in when you're rinsing the DC out and let it sit for about 2-3 mins and your hair will feel so clean w/out the stripped feeling!

Yeah, this is a staple for me too! I never DC after shampooing anymore. I love the ease it provides me as far as jumping in and out of the shower...because now I don't have to. Moisture for days!

I only use shampoo when I'm prepooing with oil (1-2x a month). My scalp is generally clean so I DC on dry hair every week. If I have to wash first, then it's no big deal. Just condition on wet hair, lol. It still works that way.

I don't know why people think I'm crazy when I tell them this. That's why I stopped sharing my LHCF info with them.

Back