DC on dry hair but NO shampoo???

I DC on dry at least once a week, but I only poo after a henna treatment. My hair loves it.

I've done that since I started conditioning on dry hair, as I'm a co-washer only, and my hair is LOVING it. I'm getting all the softening/detangling benefits.......

It turns out lovely for me :grin:. I enjoyed it especially while stretching past 16wks. I actually started doing this by accident, I pre pooed one day and while rinsing my hair felt sooo da*n good I continued doing it. Plus it cuts down jumping in and out the shower when your pressed for time or it's that TOM.

I DC on dry hair only and I love it my hair always feels soft and moisturized. I only shampoo when I feel I have a lot of build up or when I feel my conditioners aren't working like they used to.

so let me ask, do you all condition on dry hair, rinse and then style?
i have been wondering what the "regimen was. i never asked but just started cw-ing, rinse, condition, rinse and style. usually i do dc 1st, rinse, cw, condition, rinse and style. is that too much? how does it go? is it enough to dc on dry hair and rinse and style???:drunk::spinning:

I have a quick question.....
does anyone use a clarigying conditioner.... I found one by Suave or VO5 (cant remember which right this second) and I was wondering if that may be just like using a poo as far as clarifying goes

DCing on dry hair is one of the best things I've ever done for my hair. I only use shampoo after henna or to clarify, which is about once a month.

ok so what i'm asking is, and thank you very much:grin:, or....
well...this is what i do
1. dc on dry hair and sit under dryer for 20-30min or put cap on for hours
2. rinse
3. apply my nourish spa conditioner to do cw
4. rinse
5. apply elucence or aveda conditioner
6. rinse
7. apply leave in and style
is that too much conditioner/work or is the dc in step 1 enough to condition and also be used as the cw too? you know what i mean?:drunk:

I do this. It's good for us lazy people. I always hated jumping in and out of the shower. My roommates hated it, too.

ok so what i'm asking is, and thank you very much:grin:, or....
well...this is what i do
1. dc on dry hair and sit under dryer for 20-30min or put cap on for hours
2. rinse
3. apply my nourish spa conditioner to do cw
4. rinse
5. apply elucence or aveda conditioner
6. rinse
7. apply leave in and style
is that too much conditioner/work or is the dc in step 1 enough to condition and also be used as the cw too? you know what i mean?:drunk:

I'd DC with either nourish, elucence or aveda and skip the second cw (step 3-4).

So the conditioner and rinsing with water does enough to remove product build-up, dandruff and excess "stuff" from the scalp?

I may have to try this because I think that shampoo and its drying effects along with the manipulation to get the shampoo through to my scalp may be a big part of the reason why I have so much trouble detangling on wash day!

I have done this, it's great. Like in the summer when it's hot and I'm washing more frequently, I put the DC on dry hair and just rinse and detangle in the shower.

I have a quick question.....
does anyone use a clarigying conditioner.... I found one by Suave or VO5 (cant remember which right this second) and I was wondering if that may be just like using a poo as far as clarifying goes

I did this a few days ago and it turned out fine for me. I used the clarifying conditioner by Suave.

oooooh ok, i see! thanks girlie!!!:grin: therefore the dc is enough to get my hair clean...wow.
dc on dry hair
rinse
leave in
style

right? gotcha!!!:grin:

I actually skip even another step,and go in a different order.

DC on dry hair....
Style.....
Rinse.....

I wear a lot of flat twists/two strand twists/non-water sensitive styles, that require a good bit of manipulation, and by styling before I rinse, I have the full benefit of the detangledness of my hair, as well as the slip from the conditioner. I do a full 'loose' cleaning of my head & hair once a month when I henna.....

I love DCing on dry hair (been doing it for years)! I only shampoo once a week - sometimes less often. This is how I DC:

1. Slather conditioner on dry hair
2. Sit under heating cap for 20 minutes
3. Rinse with warm water - end with cold water rinse for 30 seconds
4. Apply leave in
5. Glide my comb through my seven months of new growth like it was butta :grin:
6. Braid or twist hair
7. Air dry
7. Rejoice at the ease of it all

oooooh ok, i see! thanks girlie!!!:grin: therefore the dc is enough to get my hair clean...wow.
dc on dry hair
rinse
leave in
style

dc on dry hair
rinse
light ACV rinse
leave in
style
When needed, I wash my scalp with shampoo before rinse.

dc on dry hair
rinse
leave in
style

Believe it or not conditioners actually have cleansers in them. They're very weak but necessary to get the conditioner to work effectively.

I love DCing on dry hair (been doing it for years)! I only shampoo once a week - sometimes less often. This is how I DC:

1. Slather conditioner on dry hair
2. Sit under heating cap for 20 minutes
3. Rinse with warm water - end with cold water rinse for 30 seconds
4. Apply leave in
5. Glide my comb through my seven months of new growth like it was butta :grin:
6. Braid or twist hair
7. Air dry
7. Rejoice at the ease of it all

wow i have been doing this all week and i see you do it too! i'm loving it! i just hope i dont have a setback with my hair because in the past year or so of doing wash n go's, if thats considered a wng, it has been tearing my hair up once i finally smooth it out to see the condition of my hair:wallbash:
that could have been because my hair was natural. now that i'm texlaxed it could be a different story. when i was relaxed and did braid outs my hair was fine. i'll see. the saga continues......:drunk:

Last edited:
why an acv rinse??
thanks

Sorry, I am late.
My hair is softer and shinier after a light acv rinse (every other week after DC), it closes the cuticules. I don't measure, but I use just a little acv in my rinse. The other week, I do the coconut milk and lime treatment, so no need for an acv rinse.
Blessings!

Back