DC metro Ladies - - Kerastase Free Treatment Salons?

KdsLady09

Hey ladies of the DMV. Are you taking part in the free treatment and blowout? If so, which salon are you using? I want to try this...I mean its free! And I do have a wedding coming up this weekend that I need to look great for! However, I am looking at the salons...and I start to worry :perplexed. Going to a new stylist makes me nervous anyways, but one that might not know how to handle African-American hair, makes me extra nervous! I have been to salons, requesting before hand for someone who has experience with AA hair, being assured that they do and coming out looking a HAM! Even black stylists!

The salons in my area that I am looking at are...

KIBANA
SILVER SPRING, MD

SALON CIELO COLUMBIA MALL
COLUMBIA, MD 21044

PROGRESSIONS
Rockville,MD

AXIS
Conn Ave, NW
WASHINGTON, DC

PR PARTNERS .
MAZZA GALLERY
WISCONSIN AVENUE NW or
K STREET
2033 K STREET NW
WASHINGTON, DC

Anyone recommend any of these?

I don't think I would trust any salon to do my hair "RIGHT" for free!

I've heard horror stories when people pay $$$, so I can only imagine the stylist's attitude when there is no money involved..... meaning how picky could I be with the "results" if I did not pay. just mo :ohwell:

Last edited:
When I saw the earlier thread about this freebie I checked the site for DMV salons. I made an appointment at the Pentagon City Salon Cielo. My stylist's name is Amy. I did ask if she knew how to style natural afro curly hair and the receptionist said yes. But you know I will be prepared. I will have some Kinky Curly in my bag. So if I don't like they way she's handling my hair, I will let her wash the treatment out and go to the rest room apply my Kinky Curly and go on about my day. :yep:

I'm hoping for the best. My appointment is Wednesday morning.

When I saw the earlier thread about this freebie I checked the site for DMV salons. I made an appointment at the Pentagon City Salon Cielo. My stylist's name is Amy. I did ask if she knew how to style natural afro curly hair and the receptionist said yes. But you know I will be prepared. I will have some Kinky Curly in my bag. So if I don't like they way she's handling my hair, I will let her wash the treatment out and go to the rest room apply my Kinky Curly and go on about my day. :yep:

I'm hoping for the best. My appointment is Wednesday morning.

:ohwell: Have you been there before? One thing I don't want to do is OVERdo my hair before Saturday. I am trying to stay away from a lot of manipulation.

I don't think I would trust any salon to do my hair "RIGHT" for free!

I've heard horror stories when people pay $$$, so I can only imagine the stylist's attitude when there is no money involved..... meaning how picky could I be with the "results" if I did not pay. just mo :ohwell:

Enough said. I am going to skip it.

Sunshine_One, let me know how it goes!~ Good Luck!

Ooh I need to get an appointment!

I've been in Kibana before, but to buy makeup. They carry Becca products. One of the stylists came over to help me. Everyone was very nice, and the place looks very professional. I'd be willing to try them out for this...

:ohwell: Have you been there before? One thing I don't want to do is OVERdo my hair before Saturday. I am trying to stay away from a lot of manipulation.

Enough said. I am going to skip it.

Sunshine_One, let me know how it goes!~ Good Luck!

Thanks!!!:yep: To the bolded: No, this will be my first visit to the Pentagon city location. I have been to the Dupont Circle location years ago. I think it will turn out fine. It's just a deep condition and blow out. They should be able to handle that.:look: But we shall see. Like I said ealier I will be prepared for the worst. I have NO problem rolling out of there with a curly puff. LOL However, I understand your concern about redoing your hair. I must say as a natural head I am ALWAYS restyling my hair.:spinning: It's become part of life for me now.

I will post about my experience.

Last edited:
I skipped mine. Going to my regular lady on Friday. I am meeting a lot of my bf's family at this wedding this weekend. Can't be lookin tore up. How did it go!!! Can't wait to see your review!:clapping:

Back