DC Ladies: CVS is selling Dominican Products, Mixani, Dudleys and more....

JLove74

I was at the CVS at 4th & Mass (near Gallery Place/Chinatown) and as soon as I walked in there it was BAM - 4 shelves full of Salerm, Mizani, Dudley's and few other 'salon' haircare products.

Also at Bed Bath and Beyond (Verizon Center) they carry the full line of Organix products and the manager said if you're looking for specific products to let him know and he will place an order, no problem.

I was at the CVS at 4th & Mass (near Gallery Place/Chinatown) and as soon as I walked in there it was BAM - 4 shelves full of Salerm, Mizani, Dudley's and few other 'salon' haircare products.

Also at Bed Bath and Beyond (Verizon Center) they carry the full line of Organix products and the manager said if you're looking for specific products to let him know and he will place an order, no problem.

Wow, that's great. I wonder if other stores will follow suit. When I hear stories like this, I wonder if stores are reading our site to find out what's in demand:grin:

dont do it. i live in DC abd i bought my redken from ther and it was fake. i know it was fake because i compared it to thr redken i got from beauty first and jc pennys and the consistency, the ingredients and even the directions were different.:nono:. i wanted it to be real because they also sell sebastian and american crew bu i will not be buying from cvs again.

dont do it. i live in DC abd i bought my redken from ther and it was fake. i know it was fake because i compared it to thr redken i got from beauty first and jc pennys and the consistency, the ingredients and even the directions were different.:nono:. i wanted it to be real because they also sell sebastian and american crew bu i will not be buying from cvs again.

:scratchch I bought some Redken Smooth Down heat protect serum there last year. I wonder if I got some fake stuff.

:scratchch I bought some Redken Smooth Down heat protect serum there last year. I wonder if I got some fake stuff.

I don't think you got a 'fake' product, but rather a product that was made for mass retailing rather than 'salons only'. If you notice on Nexxus proudcts sold in CVS, for example because that's where I looked, the 'salon only.....' verbage is no longer on there. That is because Nexxus and many other haircare lines have 2 different formulas. The ingredients may be the same or may be different.

But I highly doubt that Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, etc would be selling fake haircare products. It's just too much of a risk getting sued by the maker

A few weeks ago I went to a CVS in Queens, New York and noticed that there was a small section of Dominican products. I couldn't believe my eyes.

I think I also heard the salon brands do make another formula for mass retailers. I doubt the Dominican brands have done that yet though.

Wait so, it LOOKS the same (container wise) but its different? Cuz I REALLY wanna see why these ladies rave about the silicone mix

Yep.... But again, this is the CVS in DC, so don't be gettin' all upset if yours doesn't have any:lachen:

If it has mineral oil in it or petrolatum they can keep it. :ohwell:

Theres other ingredients I wont take either.

WHAT!!!??!??!
liljohnhighschoolpic.jpg

I don't think you got a 'fake' product, but rather a product that was made for mass retailing rather than 'salons only'. If you notice on Nexxus proudcts sold in CVS, for example because that's where I looked, the 'salon only.....' verbage is no longer on there. That is because Nexxus and many other haircare lines have 2 different formulas. The ingredients may be the same or may be different.

But I highly doubt that Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, etc would be selling fake haircare products. It's just too much of a risk getting sued by the maker

My friend and I were just having a conversation about salon and mass retailing products. We went into this beauty supply store and she said that she didn't think that I should buy the Redken from there because it wasn't the same, and that I should get it at this salon that we go to instead.

Wait so, it LOOKS the same (container wise) but its different? Cuz I REALLY wanna see why these ladies rave about the silicone mix
well the tube i got from cvs was like a light brown. the one from jc penny's was gold. the one from cvs said leave on for 15 minutes, the one from jc penny's said 5 minutes. the one from cvs the ingredients were different from the other AND the all soft heavy creme from cvs was not heavy at all. when i first used it i remember thinking "why do they call it heavy?" the one from jc penny's was super heavy and thick and very white. the one from cvs was a little see through.

F.Y.I...... Everyone is reading this site!!!! If you go to your local Asian BSS, they have everything(almost) that has been recommended on the hair sites. We need to start buying stock in all these companies we are helping to make Millions.:grin:

well the tube i got from cvs was like a light brown. the one from jc penny's was gold. the one from cvs said leave on for 15 minutes, the one from jc penny's said 5 minutes. the one from cvs the ingredients were different from the other AND the all soft heavy creme from cvs was not heavy at all. when i first used it i remember thinking "why do they call it heavy?" the one from jc penny's was super heavy and thick and very white. the one from cvs was a little see through.

Oh dern. :sad:

That's very interesting research you did (for us:-) Thanks. I normally get my product from JC Penny's during their 50% off sale. I stock up...depending on which one you go to I've seen Dudley and Design Essentials Products, etc.

Yeah i think most of the time, the ingredients are different. I bought some paul mitchell from a BSS on georgia ave, completely different texture from what I got from the salon. The same thing with some redken I got from target and some humectress I got from CVS. If I want the good stuff, I just stick with the salon.

:shocked:

Um I work around the corner and down the street and around the corner a few more times. I can't stand you for this!

But thanks anyway. :lachen:

Back