Dating Someone Better Than You?

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Have anyone on here ever feel intimidated to date someone who has their Masters, or Phd? You find them attrative but you feel that they may not be on your level? Or someone who makes way much more than you, I'm not talking about gold digger and you are looking for someone with money, but someone who is on the same level as you and he just happens to make more money.

Just wondering!:ohwell:

No one is better than me. I don't care how many PHDs you've got and how many zeros you have in your bank acccount. I'm flyyyyy aaaaa aaaaa yyyyy....:drunk: Seriously though, I very attracted to men who I feel may know more than me. I love a man who can teach me something. As far as money... a man making more money than me would never intimidate me....:yep:

No one is better than me. I don't care how many PHDs you've got and how many zeros you have in your bank acccount. I'm flyyyyy aaaaa aaaaa yyyyy....:drunk: Seriously though, I very attracted to men who I feel may know more than me. I love a man who can teach me something. As far as money... a man making more money than me would never intimidate me....:yep:

I feel the same way you do :yep:

I don't find it intimidating - i find it all very attractive and besides just cus he has a higher learning qualification than you or earns more money doesn't mean he is better than you.

Just read my thread 'Should i give this man a chance'. On paper he is 'better' than me but emotionally he is a bit of a wreck, i'm also more articulate than he is.

I guess it all boils down to how he treats you and if he feels you are beneath him.

Dollars and degrees are not intimidating and they definitely don't make me feel like a man is better than me.

If you find a man that peaks your interest...go for it!!!

I agree with the ladies. No amount of money or education could make a man better than me.

No, never have and never will no amount of education, money or status will make me question my self-worth or feel inferior.

Just because someone has degrees and may be more educated in the concrete sense, does not make them a better person, or more desirable as a mate...but I totally understand where you are coming from.

Hey if you have the dollars and the degrees, come with it, but you better be bringing something of deeper worth as well.

I honestly feel intimidated with guys who come from a wealthy background, and grew up living "that" type of life. If you are a hardworker, and professional but came from a similar upbringing as mine, working class having known many a broke day, I love it, and feel on par.

But I start to feel insecure when I hear of a more priveleged life, and doctor parents, and summer trips to Europe. Thats when i start twiddling my thumbs and feeling inadequate.

OP, read the bolded out loud and chant this to yourself 17 times per day.

Last edited:
No one is better than moi. I am tres tres fabulous and it has nothing to do with my academic or finanical success. I am a multi-dimensional woman who brings many layers to a relationship. So a dude better come with more than a degree and dollars. He has to stimulate my mind, body, and soul. That is what DH did. Otherwise, he, his degree and account will get tossed out. You cant make love to a degree...cannot have a conversation with an account. Bring a complete package please or go look for someone just as shallow as you. Later for you. :peace:

Last edited:
No one is better than moi. I am tres tres fabulous and it has nothing to do with my academic or finanical success. I am a multi-dimensional woman who brings many layers to a relationship. So a dude better come with more than a degree and dollars. He has to stimulate my mind, body, and soul. That is what DH did. Otherwise, he, his degree and account will get tossed out. You can make love to a degree...cannot have a conversation with an account. Bring a complete package please or go look for someone just as shallow as you. Later for you. :peace:

Two snaps!! I love this!

Well, I have a Bachelors degree myself, so being with a man who had an MBA or PHD would definitely not intimidate me... I'd LOVE it!!! :yep: I just love an intelligent man!! :drunk: Teach me baby!! :laugh:

And if he makes more money than me, well heck... that's icing on the cake!!! :yep::yep::yep:

No... I'm about to start medical school so that would not be an issue for me. I would probably be more likely to meet someone who had less education than me, and I wouldn't have a problem dating him either. Intelligence is more important to me, and it doesn't always correlate with one's education level.

Never believe that you're not good enough for a man!
He can be a king or a CEO or whatever, Noble Prize winner...he's never too good for you! :grin:

I'm usually way smarter and have more higher education than the men I date. Hey, I'm telling the truth... every man I've dated has said I'm smarter than him, including lawyers and a CEOs of a Fortune 1000 corporation. :D

So very few men scare me off. ;) I'm all that and a bag of chips. :cool:

I agree with everyone else who said no one is better than me, with that being said I seek those who people might consider to be "better" to learn from them and allow them to inspire me. But again no one is better than me! Everyone should say it loud and proud!

I can admit it, I have well I didnt date him I was too intimidated. And though he had his Masters and was on his way into the PhD program, his degrees had nothing to do with it. He was the only guy Ive ever met that made me feel inadequate and it wasnt like it was something that he tried to do. Matter of fact, he didnt even know I felt that way until I broke down and told him one day. Im just not used to meeting guys on my level or past my level like him. I could talk to about anything from politics to current events to musical artists and he would know what Im talking about. I never had to explain anything to him, never had to dumb down conversations with him. He was just perfect :lol: Funny thing is after I told him (and he laughed bc he had no idea I felt that way) I stopped feeling that way about him. He's still perfect though :drunk:

my current "ex":perplexed has 2 degrees. I'm college educated but he don't intimidate me. we actually learn alot from eachother.

everything y'all said already...:grin:

Back