Dating & freaky friend coloring after divorce or long relationship rules

nychaelasymone

I'm old....or old fashioned maybe but it appears I've been off the market for a very long time and was presented with some information that proved a bit disheartening to me regarding the climate of dating these days. For example, if you choose to have a freaky friend and ask the dude about his sexual history and his response is that its none of your business just as long as I'm practicing safe coloring with you....is a bit :nono: to me. Like I would like to think folks could answer a non detailed question regarding the amount of coloring partners they currently have or if they are just randomly hitting and quitting.

I'm shocked folks are not scared of contracting stuff.....like a pill cures everything....

When it comes to dating, is texting now the norm? Is this now effective communication when asking a person out? Have we reached the point where men don't pay for 1st dates......

Ugh, I'm terrified to jump in the water.....someone please tell me what's going on in the dating community these days cause the stories I'm hearing now a days make me not even care to put my toe in the water......are there new rules to the game cause I'm come from verbal communications, setting dates for dinner or activities, getting to know someone first, etc......

I'm old....or old fashioned maybe but it appears I've been off the market for a very long time and was presented with some information that proved a bit disheartening to me regarding the climate of dating these days. For example, if you choose to have a freaky friend and ask the dude about his sexual history and his response is that its none of your business just as long as I'm practicing safe coloring with you....is a bit :nono: to me. Like I would like to think folks could answer a non detailed question regarding the amount of coloring partners they currently have or if they are just randomly hitting and quitting.

I'm shocked folks are not scared of contracting stuff.....like a pill cures everything....

When it comes to dating, is texting now the norm? Is this now effective communication when asking a person out? Have we reached the point where men don't pay for 1st dates......

Ugh, I'm terrified to jump in the water.....someone please tell me what's going on in the dating community these days cause the stories I'm hearing now a days make me not even care to put my toe in the water......are there new rules to the game cause I'm come from verbal communications, setting dates for dinner or activities, getting to know someone first, etc......

I will let the pros give you the full break down. This is my quick 2 cents.

People are going to try to push these new rules on you, just ignore them and move onto the next person. You aren't going to enjoy dating trying to abide by these new rules.

Even in this modern day, I found an old fashion guy who uses the telephone, pays for dates and acts like a gentleman. Yes, it took some doing. I had to say no to a lot of guys before I met this one.

If it doesn't suit your style don't do it.

There a good ones out there. I met quite a few frogs along the way but finally someone special showed up.

I really wish I could start some kind of a movement to get women together to let them know they can't let the guys get away with being lazy. The roles are reversing.:perplexed I'm old fashioned too and my ex was old fashioned and he told me how he appreciated that. But after we broke up I'm finding it's an entirely different scene out here now. The guys want you to call them first, they don't want to pay for dates and it's quite disheartening.

I'm still sticking to my guns. By the way, any date that I've gone on the guys did pay for the meal and all and didn't think twice. I usually weed out the losers/lazy ones on the first phone call and the ones who don't appreciate an old fashioned girl wouldn't get that far anyway.

And any man who asks me out via text won't get a response from me. I don't care how it's considered okay by most. Not to me.:nono:

You teach people how you want to be treated. Don't settle for the B.S.

Technology has led to stunted social development.

Yes, men do still call, ask women on dates in advance (no text), and pay for all dates.

Back