Dating a short man.. Do you still wear your heels?

Kinkyhairlady

I know this is a dumb question but its seriously starting to be a concern for me. I have a millions high heels that I can't rock when I go out with my SO. I've always dated men 6ft and up and right now I'm dating someone who's about 5'7 and I'm like 5'6 1/2 so not much height difference. Everytime we go out I have on flats but not every outfit merits flats. I'm just not comfortable towering over him. He knows it makes me uncomfortable and tells me he does not mind I can wear my heels but I'm sure when I do he might feel weird idk.

Any tall ladies dating shorter men? I noticed Michelle Obama is close in height with Obama and she has flats or half of inch heals on 99% of the time. If me and SO every marry I need to invest in some cute 1/2 heel pumps. Lol

Well

My DH is 5'7" on a good day
And I am 5'9". I think you just need to feel comfortable rocking your style regardless because you can. It's really not that big of a deal. Although I may feel different because I am tall and always have been so I am used to it.
You are right that sometimes you just need heels and the stubby ones won't do.

A funny side note imagine me standing in 3 inch heels next to my mother in law who is 4'9"

My guy and I are about the same height (5'6). He has no problem with me wearing heels. When I first introduced him to my friends I made sure to wear flats, just to establish things. After that, when we go out I wear whatever shoes I want. He loves them.

Well

My DH is 5'7" on a good day
And I am 5'9". I think you just need to feel comfortable rocking your style regardless because you can. It's really not that big of a deal. Although I may feel different because I am tall and always have been so I am used to it.
You are right that sometimes you just need heels and the stubby ones won't do.

A funny side note imagine me standing in 3 inch heels next to my mother in law who is 4'9"

Wow 5'9 and 5'7. Ok I guess it's not too big of a deal but do you wear heels when you guys go out? I dated a shorter guy once before and I remember I wore heels on a date and he straight said "oh why did you wear heels, why you got to do me like that" lol. My response was I thought about it and really did not give a butt so I wore them. That guy I really did not have feelings for which is why I wore them.

I'm 6' and my SO 5'10". At first I was self conscious and wore flats all the time, but he encouraged me to wear heels since I do so whenever I go out with my girls.
I now wear 3"+ heels and rock my big ol' puff without an issue. He just says he's dating a model. lol Some people stare/look..but I don't think it's because of the height difference. I look tall next to anyone.

Try it once and see how you feel. You'll soon realize it's not that big of deal. Especially since you'll look good in the process.

When i was younger i used to so self-conscious about my height because i was teased at school. I never wore heels and only dated men taller. Now i'm in my 30s, i'm way more confident (some say too confident :lol: ) and i rock stilletto heels whenever i like (which is very often) - the rest of the world can think whatever, i don't care. I date anyone i like who likes me.
I feel more awkward when standing next to shorter women, especially when i'm in heels, than i do with men in the same circumstances:
I compare myself to other women but i honestly dont care nor do i concern myself with what men think.

Eta: i'm 5'11.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Slll mini using LHCF

Last edited:

I used to be so awkward around shorter women that i often bent down to talk to them. You can imagine how ridiculous i looked and felt. Smh.
Now, i take an unobtrusive step back, and stand so that i'm at an angle toward them and we can both (if it's just me and the shorter woman) converse and look dignified. For a woman to whom i was trying to show respect though, i wouldn't mind bending.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Slll mini using LHCF

I am about the Same height as my dh and I wear heels a lot. It doesn't bother him and it doesn't bother me! A secure man won't mind it. I wouldn't recommend dating him if he has issue with you wearing heels.

Yeah I need to get over the height thing. All the shorties are coming at me and I am only 5'4".

Then I think of our maybe kids and I would want them to be taller. Lol.

Wow 5'9 and 5'7. Ok I guess it's not too big of a deal but do you wear heels when you guys go out? I dated a shorter guy once before and I remember I wore heels on a date and he straight said "oh why did you wear heels, why you got to do me like that" lol. My response was I thought about it and really did not give a butt so I wore them. That guy I really did not have feelings for which is why I wore them.

Yes I wear heels when the date warrants that. And it is what it is. I'm tall so that's the way it is. Lol. I'm either a little taller or alot taller.

Back