date night ideas?

myhairgrowstoo

My SO and I are tired of the usual dinner and a movie. And when we just hang out we don't do much either.

We want to do something active and inexpensive. Any ideas?

Bowling isn't too expensive, especially if you sign up for coupons.

You can hit some balls a the putting range. They also usually have go karts, etc.

It's not real active, but you can hit some art galleries

Maybe you can pick up a tourist book and see what things in the book you haven't done.

Bowling isn't too expensive, especially if you sign up for coupons.

You can hit some balls a the putting range. They also usually have go karts, etc.

It's not real active, but you can hit some art galleries

Maybe you can pick up a tourist book and see what things in the book you haven't done.

Thanks, great ideas :)

I love cheap dates! It's active and fun without breaking the bank. Try going to the arcade, putt-putt golf, skating, paddle boating, a no cover jazz set, museums, galleries, planetarium, high school football/basketball games, the zoo, going to a bar for drink specials ex. $1 draft some bars have dartboards or pool tables, bingo at the local bingo hall, movie theme night at home ex. Chinese food with Asian movie, community college/high school plays or musicals, karaoke, coffee shop open mic nights, rent bikes and go on a bike ride, hiking trails,

Check out Groupon and Living Social offers for your city, they always have discounted activities and they usually look really fun. I agree with faithVA - look up the tourist activities for your area (especially day trips - those are great) and start going down the list...usually many of them are free or low cost.

Check out Groupon and Living Social offers for your city, they always have discounted activities and they usually look really fun. I agree with faithVA - look up the tourist activities for your area (especially day trips - those are great) and start going down the list...usually many of them are free or low cost.

Groupon and Living Social do have great offers. There are really are a lot of free and low cost things to do.

Check Groupon. They always have fun and interesting things available that make great dates:

Painting Class
Rock Climbing
Snow Sports
Cooking Class
Bike Rentals
Wine Tasting Day Trips
Hiking Adventures
Dinner Cruises
So many things!

Sometimes my SO and I will just get away for the weekend because we were inspired by a Groupon. Last year we spontaneously drove up to Niagra Falls and spent the night in a hotel right on the falls with a MAGNIFICENT view (pic attached). We also spent a couple days at chic boutique bed and breakfast on the river in rhode island. I would have never thought to go to rhode island. It was amazing! (pics also attached)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140124_081312.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140124_081312.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 58
  • ForumRunner_20140124_081348.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140124_081348.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 63
  • ForumRunner_20140124_081648.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140124_081648.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Another vote for Groupon and Living Social. FH and I have had so many great times courtesy of those sites. We have gone to museums, restaurants, wine tastings, comedy shows, movies. Quite a few of the restaurants have become favorites and we have gone back several times now.

Back