Dark skin girls with black colored hair

You look great! You and your hair are purty.:yep:

Here are two examples of dark skinned women with jet black hair. I'm the last on the right. I think that dark skinned women look gorgeous with black hair. I always thought it was the best color to have. I've been wanting to go lighter, but for some reason thought that I couldn't go wrong with black. My bf even calls me Black aka Sexy Black, and he LOVES my dark skin and JET BLACK hair :grin:.

Tamecasgoingaway-vi.jpg

Here are two examples of dark skinned women with jet black hair. I'm the last on the right. I think that dark skinned women look gorgeous with black hair. I always thought it was the best color to have. I've been wanting to go lighter, but for some reason thought that I couldn't go wrong with black. My bf even calls me Black aka Sexy Black, and he LOVES my dark skin and JET BLACK hair :grin:.

Tamecasgoingaway-vi.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic sosochic. You two are so beautiful with gorgeous hair! What an inspiration :)

I'm dark skinned and jet black hair (well, number 1 when I have extensions lol) makes my skin look luvverly!:grin:

I think you should go for it. I'm dark skin and I love the way jet black hair looks against my skin and the way it makes my hair look rich. I have used Bigen jet black and Henna Indigo as well. The blacker the hair color, the better!!!

Same here, only I use henna and indigo glosses to darken my hair and it looks a thousand times better.

ETA: Does anyone have any examples of a dark-skinned person (famous or not) with dark hair and light(er) hair? My mind is drawing a blank.

Not sure about the lighter hair part of the question, but the first person I thought of who is dark and has jet black hair is Tweet (remember her)? I always did think she had a very exotic look to her.

I think black hair especially jet black is pretty on just about everybody. I have never to this day seen a woman (it didn't matter what skin color/tone or race) with black hair and thought "that color doesn't look right on her." It's other colors that cause me some concern sometimes. Black as a hair color, IMO, is like a one size fits all type of thing.

Last edited:
Im as chocolate as they get and I wear jet black/blue black hair. I hate any other color on my me. I think it brings out a lot of my features, makes my skin look a little lighter (not that I dont mind my darkness). I think black hair looks great on all skin types. I love when people go dark. It does kind of depend on your skin tone and complexition but for the most part Ive never seen anyone w/ dark hair and been like WTF that doesnt look right.

Wow...jet black hair not looking good on dark skinned ladies? That's a new one on me.:look: One of my BFFs is tall, thin and gorgeous with chocolate colored skin and has always worn her hair jet black. Girlfriend was hurting 'em at my wedding with the straight BSL locks, too! All the groomsmen were on her tip!

To the OP, maybe the person who said this to you just hadn't seen any good examples of how stunning dark dark hair can look against chocolate skin?
I dunno...personally I think it's beautiful!

Well I purchased some Bigen Oriental Black thinkin' I'd go for it and now I'm scared of PPD. :laugh: Why is it always something?.....:)

Well I did it girls. I dyed with Bigen today (Oriental Black) and I LUV LUV LUV it. And I haven't even put it in a style yet. I just have it back in a claw clip with a bang :laugh: Thx for all the responses! Yall rock! :)

How often do you find that you need to reapply the color. I did mine about 6 weeks ago and already some of the color has faded especially at my ends. I don't want to do another treatment since the last time it really dried out my hair and my hair still hasn't recovered:nono:. But I want me some black hair:perplexed

It sounds like a throw back to old school way of thinking. I remember for years not wearing red lipstick because I was told I was too dark for it. I look good with red lipstick.

I have my hair colored. It looks good. I also think I look more exotic with black hair too.

I love Jet black hair as my name implies. I love how it makes my complexion look, very radiant, and I am a little lighter than Kelly Rowland. I say go for it.:yep:

I never heard this before. I'm a toasty sista and my hair is naturally jet black--especially when not relaxed. I never thought anything about it. I usually get compliments on the color, especially when coming out of braids for several months when my roots tend to be a more rich black than the old relaxed part. Dark skin looks fine with black hair--go for it!! In my siggy I have colourshines in my hair, but it's still pretty black and I got lots of compliments that night. Hopefully they weren't all thinking that I looked wierd with dark skin and black hair :look:.

I'm dark skinned with reddish undertones (or orange as a MAC makeup artist described me :) ) and I love jet black hair. I used to dye my hair faithfully with Clairol Herbal Essences because I loved the sheen and shine of black hair. When I take my braids out, I'm probably going to try the Bigen. I think most women look better with a darker shade of hair. To me, only really pale people might not look as good with black hair. Then again, look at Dita von Teese. It just depends. I have yet to see a dark skinned person who didn't look good with black hair though.

Back