Dark N' Lovely Dry Hair Healer with Shea Butter

moneychaser

Dark N\' Lovely Dry Hair Healer with Shea Butter

Hey Ladies,
I have a new love. This cholesterol treatment moisturizes my double-processed tresses very good! Defines the meaning of fly-away! And it smells so good, like hot cocoa, if you imagine that.
lick.gif

Dry Hair Healer with Shea Butter
Cholestrol Conditioning Treatment with shea butter.Ideal for relaxed, color treated & heat-traumatized hair. An intensive conditioning treatment enriched with Shea butter from fields of Africa
laugh.gif
, and fortified with Vitamin E and Panathenol. This unique blend of ingredients helps replenish moisture and repair split ends. Dry heair healer aids in revitalizing dry brittle hair.

Ingredients
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol
blush.gif
, Mineral Oil, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Shea Butter, Cholesterol, Cocoa Butter, Panthenol, Polyquatermiun-32, Tocopheryl Acetate, FD&C Red No. 40, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C yello No.5, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin
dk2.gif

Re: Dark N\' Lovely Dry Hair Healer with Shea Butte

Doesn't it just smell delicious. It's so rich and creamy that it could make you want to eat it. And it is moisturizing.

Yes caress I was shocked cause it was cheap yet very effective....

Is it a deep conditioner or a moisturizer? How much does it moisturize on a scale of 1-10?

Sounds good and the ingredients sounds like my hair will like it.

How long do you leave it on? Do you use with heat?

Could you please post the directions??

Thanks.

It is a deep conditioner... I moisturizes very very good I would say a 8!! What do you say carress... I saw that balletbun uses it also....

Durn it! I was hoping you said 5 so I wouldn't have to add this to my list.
laugh.gif

Re: Dark N\' Lovely Dry Hair Healer with Shea Butter

[ QUOTE ]
Ingredients
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol , Mineral Oil, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Shea Butter, Cholesterol, Cocoa Butter, Panthenol, Polyquatermiun-32, Tocopheryl Acetate, FD&C Red No. 40, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C yello No.5, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't they change their formula and packaging?

The new one has a dark purple lid and the ingredients have changed.

Here there are: Water(Aqua), Cetearyl Alchohol, Mineral oil(Paraffinum Liquidum), Cetrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-32, Fragrance, Shea Butter,(Butyropermum Parkii), Methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) Methylisothiazlinone, FD + C Yellow No. 6 (CL15985), Cholesterol, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate.

This one is not as good as the old one was. It seems to leave the hair feeling drier. They also made the container smaller. It is now 225g and at the same price or higher. (Known as Product Shrinkage)
frown.gif

I've used it (the old one) & liked it pretty well & yes the smell was to die for
smile.gif

I used it on my natural hair between braidings and it made my hair so soft.
smile.gif
The smell of it makes me nauseous though.
frown.gif

Hey,
Sorry soslychic...
laugh.gif
I had to tell the truth,
smile.gif

PrettyBrownEyes: The directions say to shampoo your hair then apply the conditioner for 10 min then rinse. For best results use heat... I use heat!

Jubilee: I read these ingredients from my container at home... Reading your post makes me want to run out and purchase all the older products I can find before they get replaced by the new fake me outs.

I use their regular cholesteral conditioner and love it, so I may try this next time I'm in the store. Thanks.
smile.gif

I think they only changed the formula for Europe. I went to the U.S recently and saw that they were still selling the old formula in many shops.
But here in the U.K, the new ones are everywhere.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
Hey,
Sorry soslychic...
laugh.gif
I had to tell the truth,
smile.gif

PrettyBrownEyes: The directions say to shampoo your hair then apply the conditioner for 10 min then rinse. For best results use heat... I use heat!

Jubilee: I read these ingredients from my container at home... Reading your post makes me want to run out and purchase all the older products I can find before they get replaced by the new fake me outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Denali
cool.gif
!

I'm going to look for the one you posted. I think I may have seen it at Sally's.

Thanks, Denali! I will definitely have to add this to my list. Actually, I'm surprised that it's cheap because Shea Butter itself is expensive. I love my Motions but I'm always on the lookout for a good, cheap moisturizing conditioner. This stuff sounds great, especially since it has Shea Butter.

I would rate it about an 8 as well. I first used it when my my hair was natural and liked it then too.

I haven't been able to find this
frown.gif

I probably just need to go on ahead and check into that New Year's Product Junkie Challenge.
scratchchin.gif

It took me so long to locate this product, but when I finally tried it out I was disappointed
frown.gif

Really soulchild? Okay, well I feel better then. Well just a little. LOL!

Thanks for your response.

I bought mine from Wal-Mart. The first time I used it a few months ago I didn't like it all that much. I tried it again a couple of weeks ago and I loved it. I think that I might have used a really drying shampoo in my hair before I used it the first time and that's why I didn't like it. The smell is really yummy, it smells like chocolate to me.
lick.gif

Yes I love this stuff. And believe me I have to keep a moisturized con in my hair or it will be like straw.
Permananent color + Relaxer=Extra loving Care....

It was ok, not all that IMO.

I swear by this stuff!!!!

Ballet BUn ...
driver.gif

I tried this when my hair was relaxed. It made my hair feel really soft, but I hated the smell.
barf.gif
It reminds me of Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion.
nono.gif

Bumping because I just used it today and I adore it /images/graemlins/love.gif The scent is delicious! I got slip and shine from this product.

Back