Dark&Lovely Ultra Cholesterol?

mirrormirror

Hey Girls~
Has anyone tried Dark&Lovely Ultra Cholsterol supermoisturizing conditioning treatment? I found it hidden away in my closet, but I dont remember using it. So since I found it I want to use it but first I need some reviews. Thanks.

Hi mirrormirror,

I used it and it worked Excellent on my natural hair! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Although I prefer to use natural products, this is a conditoner that really does what it says...deep conditions and detangles.

it is a great conditioner. i have been using it for a long time now and still love the results. i can use it every time i wash and then i leave it in for a long time. try to leave it in as long as you can (for example when you stay at home anyway).
nay

I like this as well. It's a great softener for me. Maybe once a week or so I'll leave in it for a hour or two or if I'm feeling particularly tired /images/graemlins/sleep8.gif I'll leave it in overnight. Love it.

I love this stuff, although I too have started using the Dry Hair Healer. But I'm still mixing with soybean oil, microwaving and then sitting under the dryer with it. It's a great combo for this dry weather.

Oh this stuff is the best!! I love love the smell ( or scent if you like). I really haven't noticed any difference between it and other deep conditioners on hair terms but I have to say that I really love the smell, and it works just as well too.

Uh Oh /images/graemlins/shocked.gif now I'm very tempted to try it. I've heard nothing but good thongs about this product.

/images/graemlins/drunk.gifIs it possible to have a good product come from the D&L line of hair products?(sarcasm)

Does this product contain mineral oil BTW?

Hey London diva
There is two types of D&L choesterol. You have to look for the one that specifically says Ultra cholestrol supermoisturizing ad conditioning treatment.
Because they have another one that just says cholesterol and that has mineral oil and petroleum in it.

MM I got mine. It says Ultra Cholesterol, conditioning treatment with Panthenol & Vitamin E.

It was made in the USA and it has a pink lid and a clear jar that is yellow from the product inside.

londondova... does yours have mineral oil in it??? I had the one with the deep pink lid and yellow container (the chiolesterol is yellow) and one of the ingredients was mineral oil. In fact, everytime i go to the BS store i pick one up to look at the ingredients again. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

it works very very well with motions moisture plus after a protein treatment. i love the price, i got a 1kilo (2.2lbs?) jar for just 3.29 GBP and it should last till 2005 /images/graemlins/grin.gif. the scent is quite overpowering after a while but fine.

for those who have used it on its own, is it really detangling AND moisturizing.

Pandora

Where did you get the 1kg tub (for future reference) mine was 16 oz for £1.99

Also do you find the consistency quite thin, compared to ORS. I did find I had to slap loads on my hair, but when I combed it through after washing it out, WOW /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I feel so sorry for my ORS just being left on the shelf in the bathroom like that. And we had such a good relationship:( I think we are going to see each other only on a part time basis now. It'll be hard, but it's the best for both of us.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
LondonDiva said:
Pandora

I feel so sorry for my ORS just being left on the shelf in the bathroom like that. And we had such a good relationship:( I think we are going to see each other only on a part time basis now. It'll be hard, but it's the best for both of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO @LondonDiva!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif That was too funny!

I got the Dark and Lovely Cholesterol from Brixton, one of the Indian hair shops (which one ISN'T? /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

If you need specific name of the shop i cant remember now but i think i have it at home, just let me know /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

i did not answer your other Q. my tub was thicker than ORS. i actually thought the ORS would be thicker. sinderely, the cholesterol is nice and thick and a bold yellow color as well

Can you ladies tell me what you guys are using with the UltraCholesterol...what shampoo, and then what you do with you hair afterwards?

I'm trying to come up with the simplest regime for an 11 year old who does her own hair. I'm thinking Creme of Nature, D&amp;L, a leave-in conditioner (not sure which one--need one that won't get hard/crunchy if she oversprays) and I'm not sure what else she should put in her hair afterwards becasue I have instructed her to airdry. She's been using the blowdryer.

Please help me with suggestions. Are you guys still finding the D&amp;L effective when you use it as directed on the jar?

P.S. The products need to be affordable becasue I am giving her samples but it has to be something her family can afford afterwards...otherwise I'd give her Elucence and what not.......

daviine

Daviine.

Your shampoo and D&amp;L conditioner seems to be good steps. I like the Kemi Oyl Conditioning spray. I use it on dry and wet hair. I spray loads on my damp hair as a detangler/conditioner and spray lightyly when my hair is dry every day to add moisture. The ingredients are good, the price is afforable and it moisturise really well.

glad you liked it!!! the mineral oil in it doesn't bother me at all, i just wanted to know b/c i think someone posted and said hers didn't contain MO.
I used this before i started going pj crazy, and it worked very well for me. (I feel into a natural ingredient craze and i would only try products deemed "natural") I left it behind, but i'm sure as /images/graemlins/wink.gif back!!!

I have tried this in the past ...I cannot remember what it was like, but I am going to pick me up a tub today and try it as well. Just when I had my PJ addiction under control...

Prayer:
Dear Lord I promise this will be the last hair product that I purchase for at least another two weeks...

/images/graemlins/fallenangel.gif

The D&amp;L ultra cholesterol that I found in my closet must be discontinued. Because I have taken a look at the ones in the Beauty Supply stores and it has new ingredients in it. And I have yet to find the cholesterol that I found in my closet at a beauty supply store. Mine does not have any mineral oil or petroelum in it at all. It has egg oil, and is loaded with natural oils, it is an extremely long ingredient list verses the new D&amp;L cholesterol.

You know...that ingredient list does sound really familiar...especially the egg oil.

Maybe that's why I don't like it as much as I did in high school...the formula has changed.

I've got the itch and I am going to buy me a tub of that cholesterol. I haven't used it in a while but I can't seem to resist now that everyone has gone to get one.

I'll let you know what's in mine soon.

Has anyone wondered why this is such a great moisturizer yet the second ingredient or the third is alcohol? How is that??? I love this stuff. Always scoff at the ingredients but my hair loves it. Yet, another mystery right up there with the Bermuda Triangle...

Back