Dang! Stylist has GREAT Hair and Tutorials!

I was just looking at her videos last night! She has lovely hair and great tips. Yeah, I got the pj monkey off my back long time ago, but after viewing her videos Rachel had me looking at the Nioxin and Alterna websites getting a lil' twitchy :wacky: I may need to make some purchases :lol:

I was just looking at her videos last night! She has lovely hair and great tips. Yeah, I got the pj monkey off my back long time ago, but after viewing her videos Rachel had me looking at the Nioxin and Alterna websites getting a lil' twitchy :wacky: I may need to make some purchases :lol:
Girl, you and me both. I already added some Nioxin vitamins to my favorites, already bought the prenatal vitamins.

This is the tutorial that made me LEARN.. I was unteachable for any type of twisting/braiding to the scalp...

I took my laptop in the bathroom and just repeated her instructions..2 strands and then take it under... and I learned.. and believe me I had tried before.

See, why you gotta encourage me? :lachen: So now I will be trying my hand at flat twisting again. Wish me luck. :grin:

Agreed. I really try to resist buying things just on the opinion of one person. But her hair is so fabulous that it is hard to resist. It probably wouldn't hurt if I just checked the products out.

Man, I wish she lived in my area. I haven't been to a stylist in years, but I would start going back if I could have someone like her doing my hair.

Idea:
Maybe someone should invite her to join LHCF so she can give us tips here also. :look:

Oh girl yes! She's my inspiration... I swear she's my cousin :look: :lachen:
Love her.. I don't know how much crap she has made me buy.. Nioxin Bliss, new curling irons, FHI clips, Paul Mitchell foaming pomade.. and the list goes on..

She's so pretty and sweet!

Me too, I just purchased a FHI blow dryer and flat iron, Nioxin bliss and clips. I'm too embrassed to say the amount of money I spent. But, I really did the bc, when I heard she was natural and I love to wear my hair straight.

India

Idea:
Maybe someone should invite her to join LHCF so she can give us tips here also. :look:

I wonder if there was a way for mods to waive the joining fee? She could be an honorary LHCFer! And she's so busy, I don't think she'd even be here enough to really enjoy her 6.50.

Unless maybe she goes to the OT. :lol:

I love her! Her blow drying tutorial is incredible! When I reach my goal length there will be no need to flat iron after blow drying! It's so straight with her method.

Does anyone know what other styling products she uses on her hair. I watched the video with the shampoos that she uses and the nioxin bliss. Does she use anyother styling products such as oils, etc??

Oh I remember this girl! I used her tutorial to learn how to 2-strand twist, and now I'm hooked on twistouts! She's so beautiful and talented :yep:

Does she have any curl pattern left? :huh:

Yes; you can see it when she does her twist out video..
I guess I don't understand why people are asking if she's natural or not... :look:
She doesn't have a relaxer and she heat straightens.... I mean doesn't everyone's hair get straight with heat...her texture actually reminds me of my own .. a lot.

All of my natural friends heat straighten...but they are still natural (no relaxer).. so you can't tell when their hair has been straightened.

Oh I love her. And If I EVER get hair like hers....BOOOOOOOOY, I'll probably break my neck from all the 'swangin' I'll be doing!

Yes; you can see it when she does her twist out video..
I guess I don't understand why people are asking if she's natural or not... :look:
She doesn't have a relaxer and she heat straightens.... I mean doesn't everyone's hair get straight with heat...her texture actually reminds me of my own .. a lot.

All of my natural friends heat straighten...but they are still natural (no relaxer).. so you can't tell when their hair has been straightened.

I think her hair is "heat trained" as they say. It has almost no curl to it. I blowdry my hair, too, but it still looks 100% natural when wet, and if I let it airdry loose, it will still shrink to about an inch on my head.

i just took some flat twists out right before i clicked on this thread.

i have seen a few of her videos posted on here before. she's great.

I am definitely thinking about doing her flat twists when my new growth hairs grow out some more and after I have cut off some more of the relaxed ends:yep:.

Last edited:
Her hair is absolutely beautiful. I don't see damage, though she clearly knows very well how to style her hair and do a lot of the stuff that we might not know how to do. I cannot flat iron my hair well as a natural for anything...tried last week...looked like a poodle.

ETA...her hair looks great in it's natural state and it's flat ironed state. Thanks for sharing!!!

:blush:...gotta go update that I finally put heat in my hair on the LHCF Challenge Thread....oops!

cj

Her hair is absolutely beautiful. I don't see damage, though she clearly knows very well how to style her hair and do a lot of the stuff that we might not know how to do. I cannot flat iron my hair well as a natural for anything...tried last week...looked like a poodle.

ETA...her hair looks great in it's natural state and it's flat ironed state. Thanks for sharing!!!

:blush:...gotta go update that I finally put heat in my hair on the LHCF Challenge Thread....oops!

cj
I agree. I wish I could get my hair as silky and fabulous as she does when I flat iron my hair. If I could, I would probably wear my hair straight more often.

I also love her natural hair as well.

Back