Dandruff

tetbelle

How do you ladies handle having Dandruff? I have a friend who is suffering from this what do you use? What do you recommend?

Thanks!

She said she has tried Head and Shoulders and Selsun Blue and it hasn't helped her. Not sure if she's tried that one.

I've been told that pre pooing with EVOO helps too.
Tell her to make sure she's massaging just the scalp when she shampoos too.

MN cured mine, my SO's and his co worker's. No more flakes. Mix it with moisturizer and apply to scalp. Dandruff is a fungus and MN is an anti fungal. Im sure she will appreciate the hair growth. Use thr family dollar 2% one.

Last edited:
Try cedarwood, lavender and rosemary oils because they are really good with treating and preventing dandruff.

I've tried pretty much everything they've whipped up for it with no success. I'm gonna try the MN next.

MN cured mine, my SO's and his co worker's. No more flakes. Mix it with moisturizer and apply to scalp. Dandruff is a fungus and MN is an anti fungal. Im sure she will appreciate the hair growth. Use thr family dollar 2% one.

Thanks I will tell her to try that. She might look at me like I am crazy though...lol

Last edited:
I agree. You can also mix it with sulphur 8. Apply for 1 week straight. They can also use the mixture every couple months whenever needed

I know I always have to focus on my scalp when I wash. I don't know how often she washes but I would do it a little more frequently for a while. I started putting my shampoo with some water mixed in in a color container so I can apply it directly to the scalp. Since I started doing that I feel like I am getting to the heart of the issue. Sometimes even when I am not washing, I will just put some water on my scalp that way. I also have another container like that with tea tree oil in it, since that helps some too. I got tons of those silly containers around. But that may help if she hasn't tried that yet. :rocker:

Good old fashioned Pine Tar Shampoo. It's a cleansing shampoo that fights the bacteria that causes dandruff. Let it sit for about 5 min on scalp and hair. Massage it real good working up a lather before rinsing.

Good old fashioned Pine Tar Shampoo. It's a cleansing shampoo that fights the bacteria that causes dandruff. Let it sit for about 5 min on scalp and hair. Massage it real good working up a lather before rinsing.

Never heard of this. Where would it be purchased?

Thanks

Back