Dandruff sufferers or for people who scratch/oil scalp

Divake22

I have been a longtime sufferer of dandruff. I thought it was simply dryness and used frequent DC moisture treatments to no avail. I would then oil my scalp with qhemet honey/olive creme thinking it needed more moisture.

Even when I co-washed daily, still I would have flakes. My old routine (when I had the energy) was to scratch and wash. I then got on the no sulfates bandwagon, again thinking it must be dryness. I was discouraged from shampooing and only focused on conditioning or shampooing once prior to DC. I even tried MTG due its sulfur in combating dryness/dandruff.

So, now finally after misdiagnosing, I decided to use Denorex (cheapie found at drugstores). The ingredients do not have any sulfates, but it also has panthenol. The most important ingredient is 3% Salicylic acid. It is actually a 2 in 1 (shampoo/conditioner). I still continue DC w/Salerm or Olive Oil replenshing pack. However, I follow the directions of applying it twice when washing and twice a week.

And I love it!!! I have had no dandruff after 2 weeks of using it. Therefore, I no longer have to oil my scalp and my hair is the softess it has ever been.

Had to share, hopefully this may help someone else.

DivaK

Back