Damn it! I failed my no Heat Challenge but......

Ayeshia

Ladies my hair grew so much
shocked.gif
. I cant believe it. My fro is gettin up there with AFashionSlaves, maybe about an inch or so shorter. I wish I had pics to show you guys.

This is why I used a blowdryer: Ladies my ends felt so crispy it was pathetic, and most of you know about my hardwater prob here at school. SO anyway I was about to give up and trim the sh*t out of my hair. I could of sworn my hair was the problem here. I was prepared to just hack of a good two inches from my hair. SO anyway I was like **** Ill just blow it out becasue I have to cut anyway.

When I blew out my hair, my ends were still EVEN from my last trim in April
shocked.gif
. I still have the shape and everything to my hair. Blunt, soft, EVEN ends, I couldnt believe it. I guss I was doing sumthing right after all
smile.gif
So word to the wise, airdried ends can fool the hell out of you big time. Keep up with the heat challenge and you'll see major benefits
up.gif

Im starting my challenge all over again and Im going until April.
smile.gif
grin.gif

Re: Damn it! I failed my no Heat Challenge but....

I wont be able to post pics unfortunately until December when I get back home. I dont have access to a digicam
frown.gif

Couldnt do it w/o LHCF thats for sure
smile.gif
Thanks for your support guys

Congrats on your success.

I felt the benefit too back when I went about 10 months without heat. It's definitely worth it.

That is great news Ayeshia, I'm glad your hair is doing well with the no heat
clap.gif

Ayeshia, you are SO right about how much the hair benefits by simply omitting heat. I'm amazed myself. I look forward to seeing your pics in December!!!
grin.gif

I bet your hair looks just GORGEOUS Ayeshia! /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I agree about airdried ends...they can def make the hair seem to be something that it's not. Dry, rough, dull....

If aiardrying weren't better for hair health I would NEVER do it. /images/graemlins/barf.gif

My wash and gos come out better than straight airdrying...but it takes a lot of product to make that happen.

Thanks for sharing Ayeshia /images/graemlins/smile.gif. It's hard to tell what your ends are doing when you never see them straightened, so this a great encouragement to long term curlies /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Keep a Growin' /images/graemlins/weird.gif!!!

That's great, I can't wait to see your pics! I can only imagine how huge your fro will be by December.

/images/graemlins/spank.gif No more heat for you! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Seriously, it's good that you got to see the full length of your hair and that your ends are still healthy. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see the updated pictures. Watching you all's natural hair journies will help me out a lot when I finally transition.

[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/spank.gif No more heat for you! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Seriously, it's good that you got to see the full length of your hair and that your ends are still healthy. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see the updated pictures. Watching you all's natural hair journies will help me out a lot when I finally transition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh trust me Im done with heat until april. My hair shrank back to what it was withing ten minutes /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif Im glad that I did have the blowdryer because I was about to get scissor happy. /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for sharing Ayeshia /images/graemlins/smile.gif. It's hard to tell what your ends are doing when you never see them straightened, so this a great encouragement to long term curlies /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Keep a Growin' /images/graemlins/weird.gif!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck yeah, my ends felt like wire, it was horibble..but now that I know that my ends are fine, i might not have to do a big trim like I expected to in December/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Way to go Ayeshia, your hair is growing soooo well! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back