Daily ponytail

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Does anyone wear a ponytail daily? If so how do you prevent breakage. I like wearing a pony as a protective style (my ends are rolled way under) but I don't want to end up with breakage. I do move the placement of the ponytail and my elastics don't have any metal. Just looking for more ideas on preventing ponytail breakage.

TIA

Does anyone wear a ponytail daily? If so how do you prevent breakage. I like wearing a pony as a protective style (my ends are rolled way under) but I don't want to end up with breakage. I do move the placement of the ponytail and my elastics don't have any metal. Just looking for more ideas on preventing ponytail breakage.

TIA
You're doing everything you supposed to do so far. Not having the ponytail in too tight and changing the placement are very important. I saw some people on here say that they soak the ponytai holderl in oil too. I haven't done that because I think the oil may make the ponytail break, I could be wrong though.

I'm guilty of it and i hate that i do it everyday. but i am scared about possible breakage. so far so good.

recently ive been switching up my ponytail holder for a banana clip, a hair clamp, or one of those claw clips. my hair is still slicked back in a pony but the use of the different accessories changes the pressure/stress point.

I'm guilty of it and i hate that i do it everyday. but i am scared about possible breakage. so far so good.

recently ive been switching up my ponytail holder for a banana clip, a hair clamp, or one of those claw clips. my hair is still slicked back in a pony but the use of the different accessories changes the pressure/stress point.
ITA, I use clips, elastics, flexi-8s, and hair zings. I have the banaba clips, but I can't put them on right to make them look nice.:ohwell:

I've been wearing a ponytail for 15 years with no breakage ( that i can attribute to the ponytail ) and my egdes are intact and not thin at all. I often wear a wet ponytail, then let it dry. I use castro oil to slick it down. My ponytail is the reason I cannot have short hair. This is my signature style.:yep:

You're doing everything you supposed to do so far. Not having the ponytail in too tight and changing the placement are very important. I saw some people on here say that they soak the ponytai holderl in oil too. I haven't done that because I think the oil may make the ponytail break, I could be wrong though.[/quote]

I wear a ponytail everyday since I am transitioning. I coat my hair in castor oil and coconut oil mixture after I put my hair up. I can say that the holder does break. After awhile (a day or two), I noticed that the holder (black elastic) started to seperate in sections. I think it's because of the coconut oil mixture.

I've been wearing a ponytail for 15 years with no breakage ( that i can attribute to the ponytail ) and my egdes are intact and not thin at all. I often wear a wet ponytail, then let it dry. I use castro oil to slick it down. My ponytail is the reason I cannot have short hair. This is my signature style.:yep:

I like the bun in your fotki, do you tuck your ends up or under the bun?

Thanks

I wear a ponytail bun as my daily protective style and I haven't had any breakage. I use kids hair balls to make my ponytail, moisturize and twist hair ends then apply satin scrunchie and I usually wear my hair like this seven days a week..

^^That's another way to do it. :yep:
The only time I experience breakage was when I would put my hair in a ponytail wet (that was a lonnggggg time ago). I also prefer using wig pins instead of bobby pins. Also, don't always comb your hair straight back, alternate, part on the left side, part on the rite site, part in the middle, no part, hair on top brushed back~hair at the sides brushed down and back...

I've done sooo many variations of ponytails/buns that I should have a dvd. LOL But I've gained so much length from wearing my hair up that I would stand in the middle of Times Square w/ a megaphone as I stress the benefits of it. :lachen:

Back