Daily Moisturizers-HELP!

angellazette

Hi everyone
I could seriously use recommendations for a daily moisturizer. It can be a spray, creme, homemade, whatever. I did a search and I feel as though my head is about to start spinning.

On a side note, I'm also looking for a good deep conditioner, one that will moisturize. I'm currently using Motions Moisture Plus conditioner, anything better?

Also, I use a Keratin 2 minute reconstructor after every wash but I also deep condition after every wash so does that make it "better" to use the reconstructor every week?

My hairdresser did comment that my hair looked the best she's ever seen it
trampoline.gif
but I also had done a lye relaxer prior to seeing her. I really don't know what to contribute it to because the lye relaxer, reconstructor, and motions moisture plus conditioner are all new products that I started using.

I use BB castor oil moisturizer, its very inexpensive and makes my hair feel very moisturized. At Sally they sell it for $1.99

My own mix works O.k. and I feel my hair is growing, slowly, but surely. Olive oil, coconut oil, sometimes almond oil, all mixed togther, after spraying with water or after a shower, then a leave-in, like Pantene, then the oils. HTH

I use S-curl and joboba oil daily to moisturize and my deep conditioners would be Keracare Humecto and Lekair cholesterol.

I don't think you need a reconstuctor every week since it contains protein. I usually use one about every 4 weeks. Protein if used in excess can make your hair brittle. When I use it I follow it with a moisturizing conditioner.

HTH

jojoba and avocado oils work for me
smile.gif

If you are just dying to have something creamy to use, try Profectiv Break-Free.

vegetable glycerin mixed w/ distilled water, I found nothing to beat the great moisturizing effects of this.

Special shout out to Peachtree, for having the patience to answer all my questions.

Thanks for the replies!

dontspeak: I probably will start using it monthly instead of weekly since it restored my hair. It says to use it weekly until you get results.

For daily moisturizing I use:

Leave-In Conditioners
* Clairol Renewal 5x Daily Nourishment
* Kiehl’s Leave-In Conditioner

or

Moisturizers
* Kiehl's Crème with Silk Groom
* Worlds of Curls Activator

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies!

dontspeak: I probably will start using it monthly instead of weekly since it restored my hair. It says to use it weekly until you get results.

[/ QUOTE ]
Great! Good luck to you!

I need to ask a question regarding spray type moisturizers. For those that are using water and such liquids, wouldn't that ruin your dry hairstyle?

most of us that use liquid spray type moisturizers wear protective hairstyles that look okay wet. some of the ladies wear daily "wet-buns" with much success. the key is finding a good protective hairstyle that allows you to have properly moisturized hair.

For those of you who use glycerin in water, what proportions do you use? I'd like to try it out myself!

Back