Daily moisturizers for dry hair

nothing, it will revert(curls will become limp) back relaxed or natural. i would try a oil spray or oil sheen. make sure you deep condition your hair really good and use a leave-in. oh wait, mizani has a nice cream you can use daily. h2o moisturizer i think. i used to use that when i was relaxed.

i used to use BioStrand products too when i was relaxed. those products changed my life. they are protein infused though. but worked really well and turned my hair completely around. i would use the Phorme' as a daily light moisturizer and the Fine'.

http://biostrand.com/TheProgram.html

i used to get my hair done at Fantastic Sams every week when i first started growing my hair out in 2001. they used to sell them there. i used everything and would bring my products to my stylist to use. i vaguely remember members using Biostrand back in the day. it was a hit or miss for some because of the protein content, but if your hair loves protein, this would be idea!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your advice! Unfortunately, I am protein sensitive :-(. I also don't have a relaxer, so I don't know how mizani will work, but I can always give it a shot!

Well I have very very dry hair and skin I'm just dry I recently increased my water intake and I'm on a new vitamin regimen plus I exercise so I'm not going to swear by any products.

However I recently came across two products that helped my hair feel moisturized all day the Jane Carter solution nourish and shine also Giovanni direct leave in I really like Giovanni it gave me two day soft moisturized hair

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

Try Proclaim Natural 7 Olive Oil. I know its not a moisturizer exactly but in my opinion the ingredients are moisturizing. I use it alone with styles I am trying to preserve.

Jane Carter Nourish and Shine. it's a pomade. it is oil based, so that might work. you don't want to use anything water based, since it will cause your hair to revert.

Giovanni Direct leave in rub a little between your palms and apply then seal lightly with oil. I used this when I flat-ironed my natural 4ab with no problems/reversion. Don't be heavy handed.

Back