Daily moisturizer

GeorginaSparks

What are you using? Im currently using NTM leave in but i just realized it has cones and im trying to stay away from them. Ive tried SO many like seyani hair butter, gillian tearless, elasta qp, Jane Carter nourish and cream, all of the qhemet moisturizers, all of the carol's daughter moisturizer, some mizani ones.....the list goes on. Please tell me what your daily moisturizer if it doesnt contain cones. thanks

did a search but no recent threads about this...if there are, please post the link. sorry i missed it.

Kerastase Sublimateur Jour, perfect weightless moisturizer (I`m relaxed and I have been looking forever) Expensive but worth it to me.

Kerastase Sublimateur Jour, perfect weightless moisturizer (I`m relaxed and I have been looking forever) Expensive but worth it to me.

Does amodimethicone not count? I'm not trying to be smart of funny. I looked up the product you mentioned and it's the fifth ingredient. It is like one of those that's water soluble?

Giovanni direct leave in - its natural!! creamy and thick!
it worked for me as a natural but not when relaxed :( i LOVED it when i was natural omg. *cries*

i like keratase ill check it out thanks

BM Balanced Cream Moisturizer
what brand is BM?

Does amodimethicone not count? I'm not trying to be smart of funny. I looked up the product you mentioned and it's the fifth ingredient. It is like one of those that's water soluble?
im not sure but im trying to stay away from ALL cones....hmm can someone chime in?

also, the white girls on MUA are raving about Mizani butter rich...whats the verdict on here? Sorry im rarely on the hair board. :drunk:

I use an scurl mix (scurl, water, WGO, and 1 other oil- varies) and it's been working GREAT on my 4b hair, even with the harsh cold we've been experiencing in the DC area as of late. I seal it with coconut oil and my braids are super soft since I've started.

I'm sorry I don't know if it contains cones....but I wouldn't care even if it did b/c it works so great!

HTH

are you looking for like a creamy moisturizer???

i ask because i make my own moisturizer that i LOVE that can be coneless if you want it to be but you have to use a spray bottle to apply it because its very watery

it worked for me as a natural but not when relaxed :( i LOVED it when i was natural omg. *cries*

i like keratase ill check it out thanks

what brand is BM?

im not sure but im trying to stay away from ALL cones....hmm can someone chime in?

also, the white girls on MUA are raving about Mizani butter rich...whats the verdict on here? Sorry im rarely on the hair board. :drunk:
Bee Mine. Typically I'm anti-shipping but this moisturizer is worth the shipping IMO. It's nice and creamy and on point for this cold weather.
Luscious8__34927_zoom.jpg

are you looking for like a creamy moisturizer???

i ask because i make my own moisturizer that i LOVE that can be coneless if you want it to be but you have to use a spray bottle to apply it because its very watery
yeah creamy or the consistency of the NTM leave in. i wear my hair down most of the time or in a ponytail and im relaxed. If the worst comes to the worst, ill go back to elasta qp recovery. i remember it worked for me but im a PJ. :look:

Bee Mine. Typically I'm anti-shipping but this moisturizer is worth the shipping IMO. It's nice and creamy and on point for this cold weather.
i will check this one out too thank you.

Please share:)

oh its real simple.

you just get a spray bottle,
fill half of it with water
then fill the other half with infusium23 (org form),
then add about a nickel size blob of veg glycerin,
several drops of peppermint and tea tree oil,
and if you want it to be cone free you leave it like that.

if you dont mind cones then you can also add a blob or 2 of your fav cond (like HE HH <3) then shake it up real good.

after you towel dry washed hair you spray your hair and scalp with this and then seal with oil or you can spray, add a leave in cond and then seal with oil. i do either or depending on how i feel. my hair loves it and i've been using this to help retain for about 2yrs now

I love this moisturizer as well!!! Has been my staple since its creation, but lately I have been using the BM Deja's Hair Milk as my daily moisturizer. And dare I say I think I like it just as much, if not better for certain looks? :yep:

oh its real simple.

you just get a spray bottle,
fill half of it with water
then fill the other half with infusium23 (org form),
then add about a nickel size blob of veg glycerin,
several drops of peppermint and tea tree oil,
and if you want it to be cone free you leave it like that.

if you dont mind cones then you can also add a blob or 2 of your fav cond (like HE HH <3) then shake it up real good.

after you towel dry washed hair you spray your hair and scalp with this and then seal with oil or you can spray, add a leave in cond and then seal with oil. i do either or depending on how i feel. my hair loves it and i've been using this to help retain for about 2yrs now

i use a similar mixture as well, i fill a spray bottle with 1/2 distilled water, 1/4 infusium, 1/4 aloe vera juice, a blob of panthenol (or vegetable glycerine if run out), 1 or 2 tea spoon of kukui oil ( can use any of your favourite oil) and few drops of peppermiont, rosemary and tea tree essential oil. my hair loves it!:lick:

Some I keep in Rotation are:

My Honey Child: Buttery Soy Hair Cream, Honey Hair Cream, Burdock Root Lotion, Afrikoko Hair Lotion
BeeMine: Luscious Balancing Hair Cream
Aveda Universal Styling Hair Cream
Oyin Dew Drops
Claudie Ends Insurance #1, #2 & Satin Hair Lotion
KomazaHairCare Califia Moisturizing Cream & Lotion
Bear Fruit Hair Ayurvedic Scalp Cream and Desert Drench
KBB Hair Milk
Darcy's Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Hair Cream & DB Shea Butter Lotion
Hairveda Whipped Ends Hydration

thanks Ladies. Looks like ill be checking out the Bee mine! Where do you order from for a good price including shipping?! Are you guys that use it relaxed?

i use a similar mixture as well, i fill a spray bottle with 1/2 distilled water, 1/4 infusium, 1/4 aloe vera juice, a blob of panthenol (or vegetable glycerine if run out), 1 or 2 tea spoon of kukui oil ( can use any of your favourite oil) and few drops of peppermiont, rosemary and tea tree essential oil. my hair loves it!:lick:

sounds like i nice mix there. do you have to refrigerate your mix because of the aloe vera juice? i heard if you use that you have to keep it cold or it will go bad. that's the only thing that stopped me from trying it out my self.

I am relaxed/texlaxed and I use and love the luscious balanced cream moisturizer from bee mine. It is my staple.

sounds like i nice mix there. do you have to refrigerate your mix because of the aloe vera juice? i heard if you use that you have to keep it cold or it will go bad. that's the only thing that stopped me from trying it out my self.

sorry for the late reply!, no i don't because i make small batches at a time, also you can add tea tree or vitamin E to keep it from going bad.

Back