Daily hair styles for tex-laxed people

Lovelylife

I've pretty much realized that wearing straight hair everyday is not an option. What hair styles do you all wear on the daily basis and how do you maintain it throughout the week.

Wash and GOOOOOS.... and if you have a good heat protectant and something to protect from humidity, you can go straight as often as possible.

I wear wash n gos, puffs, twists, twist outs, and banana clips. I am planning on braiding more often this summer so I have been stalking natural fotkis for styles. I think that texlaxed people can do all the styles that naturals and bone straight wear.

Like vkb247 said, texlaxed folk can wear natural and straight styles...that's the beauty of being texlaxed. :yep:

I can airdry and bun, or I can straighten my hair with a rollerset and wear it down or put it in an updo, or I can wear a twistout and finish the week with twistout updos, or I can wear a spiral set and pincurl for bedtime. I wash weekly so my styles last for 7 days.

I hear what everyone is saying but i can't wear a wash n go It looks like one frizzy mess, twist out yes, straight yes but it does not stay straight for the whole week. I'm trying to use heat only once a week. One day i will find a style that i can perfect.

Yeah, I'm thinking about doing wash and goes after a day of wearing braid outs or a twistout. I'm guessing that it will give my hair more form.

Like vkb247 said, texlaxed folk can wear natural and straight styles...that's the beauty of being texlaxed. :yep:

I can airdry and bun, or I can straighten my hair with a rollerset and wear it down or put it in an updo, or I can wear a twistout and finish the week with twistout updos, or I can wear a spiral set and pincurl for bedtime. I wash weekly so my styles last for 7 days.
My roots are still pretty wavy, so I need to figure out how to deal with that when it comes to roller sets:perplexed

My roots are still pretty wavy, so I need to figure out how to deal with that when it comes to roller sets:perplexed

For a straight style and to flatten out the roots, I remove the rollers and gently rake my hair with a comb while gathering it to the back of my head (as if I were going to put into a ponytail) then crosswrap. Or, I may roll my ends around a gray (2-inch) roller instead, secure the roller to my scalp with one or two clips, and cover the roller only with a dry, plastic cap (doubled-up), to secure the hair that may slip off the roller. Either way, I then cover all of my hair with a silk scarf and satin bonnet. After several hours (usually overnight), I remove all my coverings and finger-style.

Back