Daily CO washes

God_Favor

This was my 1st week of doing the daily CO washes w/ Paul Mitchell (instant moisture daily treatment). So far , I have had great results. Is this safe for 4a/b type hair, some people say it can be really hard on the hair. Does anyone have good
smile.gif
(or bad
confused.gif
)result from the daily CO washings? Pleaseee inform me.
ooo.gif
Thanks!
LCHF is the best forum on the net
drunk.gif
drunk.gif
drunk.gif

I am a 4b and really like CO washes.I do them 3 times a week and they make me use less moisturiziers on my hair when dry since my hair stays moist for longer with them

I have been doing c/o washer for 1yr and 1/2. I have seen a tremendous difference in my hair. Its way more healtier than it use to be it have lots of moisture its not so dry like it was before and I havent had any breakage at all. I havent had any problems with this method. All I have seen is good results.

I too just started doing daily CO washes and I am loving them. I was having a problem with breakage but I am noicting less and less of it. I am a 4 something not quite sure if I'm 4a or 4b, I may even be a 3c
confused.gif
but my hair is loving co washes.

Edited to say: I do my CO washes at night. Most days while it is still wet I will put it in a pigtail (too short for a ponytail)
smile.gif
and tie it up with a hairnet and go to sleep with my bonnet. Thanks DSD. When I feel like having curls I will do a wet set and go to sleep but because my hair is so short it will dry before the morning except for the pigtail but that ok because I just attach a fake bun and go.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Do you guys do your co washes in the morning before work/school, in the evening, or at night before bed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do mines before i go to work in the morning. if i did them at night, my curls on my head would be smashed by the time i wake up and since my hair is only like 2.5 in long there isnt anything else to do but to rewet it and get my curls back. prolly as it gets longer ill do my co washes every other day.

Thanks for your respones. Hairlove, I do mine nightly before bed. I place my hair in a ponytail and tie w/ baggie and tie with a silk scraf ( THANKS DSD). In the moring I wrap a weft of hair around ponytail and baggie to make a fake bun.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your respones. Hairlove, I do mine nightly before bed. I place my hair in a ponytail and tie w/ baggie and tie with a silk scraf ( THANKS DSD). In the moring I wrap a weft of hair around ponytail and baggie to make a fake bun.

[/ QUOTE ]

GF, I have been doing daily co washes for the past five months. It have been nothing but wonderful. My hair is thriving and it loves all the extra moisture. I have less shedding and breakage. My hair is so incredibly soft too!

Thanks for the mention. I am glad that things are going well.

I just started using Paul MItchelle's Instant Moisture Daily Treatment and it is awesome! The first conditioner that allows me to detangle my hair in the shower with no problem.

God_Favor said:
This was my 1st week of doing the daily CO washes w/ Paul Mitchell (instant moisture daily treatment). So far , I have had great results. Is this safe for 4a/b type hair, some people say it can be really hard on the hair. Does anyone have good
smile.gif
(or bad
confused.gif
ooo.gif
Thanks!
drunk.gif
drunk.gif
drunk.gif

Co-washes have never worked for me! my scalp gets itchy and starts 2 beg for shampoo. and i dont like my hair feeling "gammy" as such, i cant explain the feeling my hair gets, it just feels coated...i guess its good for some and not for others!

Candy_C said:
Co-washes have never worked for me! my scalp gets itchy and starts 2 beg for shampoo. and i dont like my hair feeling "gammy" as such, i cant explain the feeling my hair gets, it just feels coated...i guess its good for some and not for others!
I was wondering if people who do this are relaxed or not...

I too find that after a couple of co washes, I feel the need to wash...

AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
I was wondering if people who do this are relaxed or not...

I too find that after a couple of co washes, I feel the need to wash...

yeh i wonder too, r u relaxed?

I have natural 4a hair. I do conditioner washes daily unless myhair is in twists. My hair really loves the water and it helps pop out my curls. Like Ayeshia mentioned, I do it in the morning so I don't have bed head. I can tell when my hair has build up because it just doesn't feel the same. I than wash my hair with shampoo. I also use more claifying shampoo because of the buildup from conditioner washes.

I find that daily co washes warrant shampoo at least 2 times a week for me...if not my hair just feels "plastered." I haven't been able to do them daily without shampooing at least twice a week.

Im loving the daily co washes. I do mine at night since its getting cold here in IN. I wear my hair in buns so i just brush while damp into a loose pony tail, and touch up in the morning for a sleek, wavy bun.

I prefer washing with a mixture of diluted shampoo and conditioner ala COW method or washing with a really moisturizing 'poo like Breakthru. I just feel that CO washes don't get my hair clean enough and don't always moisturize ( unless I'm in the shower with the steam). Also when I wash with Breakthru I get light cleansing and a lot of moisture and detangling, its like a sudsy conditioner.

Ok, I am a little confused....I assume CO-wash means conditioning wash....what kind of conditioner do you use? How do you wash your hair? How is this different from deep conditioning? And how often do you shampoo! Do you ladies know what the best conditioners are for baby fine, 4a/4b hair? Many of the conditioners that I try seem too heavy....although Olive Oil replenishing conditioner is nice for a deep mosturizer. Also, do any of y'all use a reconstructing conditioner, like Fructis Reconstructing treatement? How often should I use that? I am soo soo confused, and could use any help I can get!!!

Also, my hair is in micros, how often should I co-wash then? Thanks so much!

God_Favor said:
smile.gif
(or bad
confused.gif
ooo.gif
Thanks!
drunk.gif
drunk.gif
drunk.gif

I personally cannot do daily co-washings...If I do, my hair would start feeling all mushy and too soft...I'll do co-washes mainly when I see alot of new growth...and that will only be 1-2x per week...Co-washes can be a good thing if I don't do them every single day.

nadi1010 said:
Ok, I am a little confused....I assume CO-wash means conditioning wash....what kind of conditioner do you use? How do you wash your hair? How is this different from deep conditioning? And how often do you shampoo! Do you ladies know what the best conditioners are for baby fine, 4a/4b hair? Many of the conditioners that I try seem too heavy....although Olive Oil replenishing conditioner is nice for a deep mosturizer. Also, do any of y'all use a reconstructing conditioner, like Fructis Reconstructing treatement? How often should I use that? I am soo soo confused, and could use any help I can get!!!

Also, my hair is in micros, how often should I co-wash then? Thanks so much!

*I'm sorry I didn't see your post...I use cheap conditioners to co-wash...my hair loves mane N tail for co-washes so I use that...

*The way that I would co-wash my hair is by wetting my hair first...apply the conditioner...massage it in....rinse...re-apply more conditioner...let it sit for a while sometimes with a conditioning cap on (Meanwhile, i'll be washing up)...then when i'm done i'll start rinsing out the conditioner...sometimes leaving a little in my hair.

*This is different from deep conditioning b/c it's quick...you don't have to sit under a dryer for this.

*I shampoo once a week...HTH:)

When I CO wash I use NTM DDC mixed with CON Nourishing Conditioner. I use the same method Lady Lioness does...put it in the hair...put on a conditioner cap...let it sit while I finish showering...rinse it out. I shampoo and deep condition once a week.

I'm currently using vo5 oasis honey/almond & waterlily E but when i finish i think i will try sally's honey/almond or wild cherry in the gallon sizes.

I am a relaxed 4/a head here. About 11 weeks post relaxer and transitioning.

I have been doing CO washes for the past week and a half and I like them. So far, so good...less breakage, snapping and shedding. My newgrowth is soft and my hair isn't HARD and crispy to comb. I don't wear protective styles like buns and phony ponies...I CO twice a week and rollerset it and let it airdry over night.

Back