D.Low Hair Straightening System-Moisturizers Actually Dry Hair Out?

Muse

http://www.dlowshampoosystem.com/main/faq/
I was checking this out after someone mentioned it in an old post. What really caught my eye was the "Answers" page. #1 says not to use moisturizers because they dry already dry hair out. It made me wonder if this is true because a lot of us moisturize 1 or more times a day.

Also they say not to wrap the hair at night because it causes hair odor.

Any thoughts on this?

PS. I flat iron weekly so I do want to try that shampoo though.:grin:

Last edited:
LMAO! It said an odor similar to underarms!!!!! LMAO!!!!

I'll pray for anyone that follows this woman's advice. Moisturizers are only good for excessively oily hair? Maybe she's trying to say that water based moisturizers aren't good for people that press their hair cus it will cause it to revert but I'm not about to read in between the lines. My African hair absolutely adores moisturizers and I'll continue to use them. Nonsense.

Will it help my hair grow?

Definitely. The hair gets stronger because it will no longer be dry and breaking. The hair becomes healthier, growing as much as one-half inch a month.

What about hair worn naturally, in braids, weaves or dreds?

Hair that is worn in braids (with or without extensions) allows the scalp to dry out from exposure. The ends have been split and the hair strand has been holding moisture. After trimming ends, using the D.Low Hair Straightening System will cultivate hair back to softness and manageability (follow product instructions). You can continue the braids or twist with the D.Low Hair Straightening System.

After reading those two answers and the one about not moisturizing, I exited the site.

Basically she is telling you her product will grow your hair the 1/2 inch most people's hair already grow in a month and that you should not protective style because your scalp will become dry and you can't use moisturizer when it gets dry. You can only use her shampoo to cure the problem.

Sounds like crazy talk to me.

There should be posts here in the forum. She is an older lady. She did my hair twice. She comes from the school of hard press. All it is is a bunch of oils and proteins and hard press. My hair did not last as long as she said it would last (maybe a few days...I had two years of natural hair...no heat). She basically said my hair had to be trained. At that time, I did not understand what she meant. Apparently, she meant heat train. It rather expensive for small samples. I remember getting big flakes because I was using her products. In fact, that was the first time I had gotten big flakes like that. I still have been dealing with dang flakes. I gave up after few months. I like the protein she puts on the hair before straightening. This about 10 years ago.

You can try her stuff, she still should be selling samples. I would not recommend it. I think there are cheaper products that do the same thing. I have heard she changed her formula since I was a customer. I complained about those flakes big time.

Personally, she is an interesting curmudgeon who said the reason black men are not staying with black women is because their hair don't flow like white women. She said this while doing my hair. I wasn't offended, I think it was a generational issue. I remember Dorothy well.

Last edited:
Well those of y'all who want to use it on your newborns to "cultivate" their hair and keep their soft texture for life might want to sign up :giggle:

Lol!!!! :lol:

There should be posts here in the forum. She is an older lady. She did my hair twice. She comes from the school of hard press. All it is is a bunch of oils and proteins and hard press. My hair did not last as long as she said it would last (maybe a few days...I had two years of natural hair...no heat). She basically said my hair had to be trained. At that time, I did not understand what she meant. Apparently, she meant heat train. It rather expensive for small samples. I remember getting big flakes because I was using her products. In fact, that was the first time I had gotten big flakes like that. I still have been dealing with dang flakes. I gave up after few months. I like the protein she puts on the hair before straightening. This about 10 years ago.

You can try her stuff, she still should be selling samples. I would not recommend it. I think there are cheaper products that do the same thing. I have heard she changed her formula since I was a customer. I complained about those flakes big time.

Personally, she is an interesting curmudgeon who said the reason black men are not staying with black women is because their hair don't flow like white women. She said this while doing my hair. I wasn't offended, I think it was a generational issue. I remember Dorothy well.

NM I think I'll pass on that shampoo, I don't need any flakes. Also I would hope that most of our black men aren't that shallow. Thanks for sharing!

Back