Cyber relationships/sex is cheating?

Bint Yusef

So yesterday watching the news they reported that this lady was divorcing her husband for getting married to another lady in a cyber game called Second Life. I looked up Second Life and its a complete virtual world with its own currency and everything. :spinning:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_life

So anyway ole boy had taken a wife in this virtual world and his real world wife decided that was cheating and divorced him:lachen:. Since a lot of us spend some significant time online have you considered how cyber boundaries
factor into your relationship? Any thoughts on this.

I'm sooowwrrry, but I think she's a little wacked out. Was he speaking to this woman IRL, did thy make arrangements to meet her, were they emailing each other sexy pictures?

As for what I consider boundaries. Basically online flirting or anything indicating that dude is looking for women, make attempts to meet women, etc. Most of the rules are just common sense stuff; if you wouldn't do it in real life then don't let me find it on your lap top. No sex chats with another woman (or man), no single and looking type ads and so on.

Was this just a virtual game or a dating site? Were they communicating outside of the game?

Anyway, I'll agree with Sleeknbouncy that if it's flirting, personal ads, signing up on sites like match.com and calling yourself "Sexythang looking for a one night stand" then you've got a problem. And if you have to question whether or not your SO would want to know about it, it may be inappropriate.

Was this just a virtual game or a dating site? Were they communicating outside of the game?

Anyway, I'll agree with Sleeknbouncy that if it's flirting, personal ads, signing up on sites like match.com and calling yourself "Sexythang looking for a one night stand" then you've got a problem. And if you have to question whether or not your SO would want to know about it, it may be inappropriate.

It's a virtual world. Sort of a like a game but not really. There is a lot of virtual dating and virtual sex going on in there. If I was the wife, I'd be upset also. I'm assuming she asked him to stop before she filed for divorce... If it didn't get physical I'd work things out and make sure he doesn't do it under any circumstance.

I dont think I would like it if my mate virtual, cyber, whatever you want to call it married another woman...

I might have divorced him too...:ohwell:

I'm sooowwrrry, but I think she's a little wacked out. Was he speaking to this woman IRL, did thy make arrangements to meet her, were they emailing each other sexy pictures?

As for what I consider boundaries. Basically online flirting or anything indicating that dude is looking for women, make attempts to meet women, etc. Most of the rules are just common sense stuff; if you wouldn't do it in real life then don't let me find it on your lap top. No sex chats with another woman (or man), no single and looking type ads and so on.
He said he wasnt making any plans to meet her. The funny thing is him and his real wife met online. But like someone else said you can have virtual sex, and I am sure all the time he was spending on that game caused problems too.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118670164592393622.html

Here is an article about a similar situation

So yesterday watching the news they reported that this lady was divorcing her husband for getting married to another lady in a cyber game called Second Life. I looked up Second Life and its a complete virtual world with its own currency and everything. :spinning:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_life

So anyway ole boy had taken a wife in this virtual world and his real world wife decided that was cheating and divorced him:lachen:. Since a lot of us spend some significant time online have you considered how cyber boundaries
factor into your relationship? Any thoughts on this.

lol.....virtual wife....:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:........the bolded is so funny for some reason...

He said he wasnt making any plans to meet her. The funny thing is him and his real wife met online. But like someone else said you can have virtual sex, and I am sure all the time he was spending on that game caused problems too.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118670164592393622.html

Here is an article about a similar situation

The married part didn't really phase me because I thought maybe it was in some Dungeon and Dragons type game, but it's sound like a virtual hookup game. If he's having sex with this chick in the virtual world and buying lingerie or what not and the game revolves around relationships, then I would NOT be cool with that. I also wouldn't be cool with virtual sex sessions.

Back