Cuticle Oil for Hair Growth?

Naturae

Reference the pic of my nails (freshly oiled!) below that I took today.

I recently purchased --and when I say recently I mean 2 weeks ago -- a bottle of SuperNail cuticle oil and have been using it since the day I purchased it. I apply it every night with a cottonball after I get out of the shower. I know the #1 ingredient is a big :spank: but hear me out! My nails have NEVER been this long before in my life. They always chip or break off because they are so darn weak. Well since I've been using this my nails have been super strong, GROWING :yep:, and smooth!
Then I got to thinkin' -- what if I put it on my scalp?

I'm doing a personal test-challenge starting tonight so I will report back in 6 months time but wanted to know your thoughts. Has anyone ever tried applying cuticle oil to the scalp? I saw an old thread about ppl using cuticle oil on hair but it was a different brand.

The only ingredients are (mineral oil) and Carotene.

Attachments

• just my nails.jpg
    just my nails.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 26
  • just oilie.jpg
    just oilie.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 25
Thanks for your input :) Under normal circumstances I would avoid Mineral Oil altogether, not just in regard to my hair but for any cosmetic because I was told that all it does is just sit there and is not beneficial in any way--- kind of like iceberg lettuce :grin:. But everyone's body responds differently.
I certainly didn't expect to get this result from mineral oil with my nails so, we'll see. I applied a dab tonight just around my temple area and it absorbs very quickly so no oily scalp is a good start.

I hope to have a rave review in a little while!

I just looked at my cuticle oil and mines have grapeseed oil as the first and then sunflower and almond oil. but yours I would not put on my scalp. you might as well go and get grease.

I think oils in general help the nails. I've been using olive oil in addition to a nail hardener.
I know oils help my hair to grow, especially when it's braided.

Try it on one section and see how it goes. Then you can compare it to the rest of your hair growth and if you have side effects, it won't be to your entire scalp and hair.

Back