Cute summer hairstyles

marie

I have been wearing my hair in a bun since it is so hot in Houston! But, I am tired of that style and want something new and easy for the summer months. Any ideas? I have BSL length relaxed hair.

You should try different types of up-do's. I'm sure some of the ladies will chime in with other suggestions.

Oooh, I can't wait to see the replies.

As for me, I will be sporting half wigs (only if I can take the heat here in SoCal) and bantu knot outs.

Maybe we should have a thread or challenge on how to create cute styles for relaxed hair :scratchch

Oooh, I can't wait to see the replies.

As for me, I will be sporting half wigs (only if I can take the heat here in SoCal) and bantu knot outs.

Maybe we should have a thread or challenge on how to create cute styles for relaxed hair :scratchch

A challenge would be great!!!!

Bantu knot outs are really cute for the summer. I tried the style for the first time last weekend and it came out good even on my NL hair. It was a short sassy look. It is going to be one of my summer styles for sure!

Okay I have been stuck in a bun rut, I need to do more braid outs, twist outs, bantu knots, etc. Thank you for sharing that youtube video AVE One. I'm gonna have to try that one but I can't french braid my own hair.

H-Town in this piece! LoL... um...i really just wanted to say that...

Braid-outs are cute, and they look cute pulled into a high pony or loose bun with a head band or a flower...you should at least be able to get 5-7 day hair with it too:)

@ Pink Pearls
What dominican salon (or any salon for that matter)do you go to in Houston? I'm on the southeast side but I don't mind driving.

I think curly updo type styles are best for the summer because of heat and humidity. The curls help reduce the frizzy look. I posted styles that I think can be imitated on natural or relaxed hair.

Ok I didn't post the pics right, they're in the next post.

updo1.jpg

updo2.jpg

updo3.jpg

updo4.png

subscribing and bumping.

i'm tired of the bun already and have only been a part of the LHCF for a few months. i'm not creative by my own account. hoping to gain ideas/tutorials from you all.

Back